Scope Mount for 1903/38

Discussion in '1903' started by LOCKnLOAD, Apr 29, 2002.

1. LOCKnLOAD

LOCKnLOAD Guest

Hey all,

I found a great way to scope these rifles and maintain the non drill and tap status.

I bought a mount from Advanced Technologies. It is a non distructive mount, since I wanted to have my Turk scoped without drilling anything.

It looks great, keeps the classic military look and lets me use a scope without any problem. The other thing I did have to do was have to straight bolt handle bent to accomidate the scope.

The smith bent the bolt down and angled back, similiar to a Rem 700 bolt handle.

I am very satisfied and enjoy shooting the sucker. Only thing is that the upgrades cost 5 times the rifle. Oh well....hahaha
    :assult:

Attached Files:

• turk.jpg
      turk.jpg
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Hans R Colt

Hans R Colt Guest

Nice Rifle!

It's always good to have a setup that doesn't lower the value of a firearm...tell us how it shoots! I'd be interested in getting one myself...How about putting a really BIG scope on it? That Turk heavier-than-usual barrel should prove promising.

Good Score!

3. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

How much to bend the bolt ?

Wyr
    God Bless

4. LOCKnLOAD

LOCKnLOAD Guest

Wry,

I believe the bolt cost me 100$ to bend. I thought it would just be a plain jane bend down, but they actually did a great job by bending it down and swept it a little to the back.

:assult: :nod:

5. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

My current project is a 1918 German M98 . Need to get the bolt bent , but being cheap , will look for a cheaper gunsmith . :)

Wyr
    God Bless