Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fired my Mosin-Nagant for the first time yesterday, was awesome!

Was just wondering what was the best scope mount out there for a m1891/30 , preferably for a full rifle scope, and that does the least permanent "modding" to the rifle?

Cheers again for all your advice.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I think you would like one of Jmecks scope mounts. He is a member here on the forum. This mount is not permanent, and it allows the use of a normal rifle scope. Although you will need a bent bolt handle to clear the scope. I personally use the 3/8" dovetail that is under the rear sight as my scope mount...I have a handgun scope mounted scout style.

Here's a video of Jmecks mount - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CHBuiBkQlo]YouTube - Jmeck's Mosin Nagant Scope Mount[/ame]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you would like one of Jmecks scope mounts. He is a member here on the forum. This mount is not permanent, and it allows the use of a normal rifle scope. Although you will need a bent bolt handle to clear the scope. I personally use the 3/8" dovetail that is under the rear sight as my scope mount...I have a handgun scope mounted scout style.

Thanks, yeah they look quite good, theres plenty of bolt handle mods around , but i cant seem to find a scope mount that doesnt damage the rifle quite a bit in my neck of the woods

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
jmeck gets my vote for best mount without permantly altering the rifle. if you get an extra bolt to mod, you can put it back to almost original in no time at all. (i understand there may need to be a small amount of wood clearence done.)

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
I just wonder how many times a new topic will arise that asks this same question again, and again, and again.......

Maybe we just need to make a scoping a Mosin Sticky?

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
lol! seems to be coming up on a daily basis lately. sure wish i knew why there wasn't a sticky yet. i know people have made threads just so the mods could make them sticky. but they never did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts