scope mounts

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, Mar 23, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i have a rossi .44 special and i would like to put a scope on it any one have some infor on where i can get some for it.:confused:

2. Peter

Peter G&G Newbie

3. Matt Nichols

Matt Nichols G&G Newbie

I'm not famialer with the rossi, but one thing you need to pay attention to is if this gun is capable of having a scope mounted to it without drill and tapping. If you need to drill and tap, better off going down to the local gun shop and having a gunsmith do it for you. Also, if you do need to drill and tap, this will decrease the value of your weapon.

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i put it next to my friends 357 smith & wesson and it is identical to his i have adjustable rear sights and a screw to remove the rear sight so it looks like it would be pretty easy to mount a scope at least i think so

5. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

here is a picture of my .44 does it look like i will have any problems mounting the scope . i never had a scope on my hand gun before .

6. Matt Nichols

Matt Nichols G&G Newbie

The rear mount for the site looks good, but I would question the screw for the front of the frame......If you are going to use those two screws holes, you may have to have the front one drilled out a little more and tapped......email rossie, they may have a scope mount that utilizes the screws..

7. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i sure will e mail them i never thought. to do that i been to that sight alot too. good idea:eek: