Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bushnell scope on my Ruger Super Redhawk. I was at the 100 yard range sighting in the scope. I was able to get a 2" group with the first 6 rounds. My next 12 were not on paper. I then walked up to about 7 yards and when I shot I was about 12 inches off target to the left. No matter what I did I could not get the scope back on target. Help. I can be emailed at [email protected].
Thanks for any help
Sandman

·
Registered
417 Posts
i had the same problem w/ my bushnell legend on my .308
what i did was:
1) change ammo (i was using federal, and switched to winchester)
2) put my scopes windage back to 0 (or the stock setting)

after that the thing shot bullseyes all day long!

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Check to make sure your scope mount/rings didn't come loose. You should use loc-tite on them to prevent it from happening. Not the high strength stuff though. Also, make sure the scope is level and the rings are aligned. After checking everything else out, and if it doesn't resolve, then check the scope. Once all that is ok, then try different ammo.

Also, how were you sighting it in? By that I mean were you doing it free hand? From a bench? Prone? please explain a little... Happy to try and help if possible.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I agree with GlockMiester see if the screws are loose.

jv101 thats interesting what you did , it would seem it wouldn't matter about the ammo you would use don't you think ?
A.H

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
I just hope he comes back to check for replies and not think we'll all email them to him. lol

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
And y'all are welcome back to this locality!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I agree with GlockMiester see if the screws are loose.

jv101 thats interesting what you did , it would seem it wouldn't matter about the ammo you would use don't you think ?
A.H
yeh, thats what i thought... it probably had more to do with changing the settings then choosing the ammo. I should go back and buy some federal and see how it goes. However i just drive to walmart to get the winchester which cost $0.59 more a box then federal and it is a tad bit easier to get!

hopefully gonna get some good shooting in this weekend. have 3 boxes. so ill work on my 200-300ish yard shots :)

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Not to mention in this day and age how much gas is, driving and extra 5 miles to save $.59 cents on a box of ammo could cost you $10 bucks in gas. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts