close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scored on a K-31

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by Hog Red, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    of all places at a gunshow. out the door for $200 from a private sale and it looks great!!! only things i didn't like was the peep site on the rear and no troop tag. i realize this price may have been no big deal a few years ago but for todays prices i think i did pretty good. now to see how accurate she is.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Sounds like you did good. I got an email from AIM SURPLUS which has a sale on them now. I was thinking about ordering one to add to my collection. I believe they have the 7.5x55 ammo also. Any pics?

3. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    here's a couple pics. rear site??? anyone know what it is?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  4. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

That's a williams peep sight I believe. I would pick up an original sight just so.

5. dothedrew57

dothedrew57 G&G Evangelist

Looks like a mojo click sight

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

6. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    10-4 on the mojo. i'm not crazy about it but will leave it for now and see how it does at the range.

7. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    yea, i like keeping them original but will see how this does. with my crappy eyesight i can use all the help i can get.

8. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

$200.00 is a bargain unless it has some issue that isn't readily evident.

9. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

You're right. Getting my peeps mixed up.

10. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    the bore looks good. going to take it to the range tomorrow and unless it blows up in my face i think i did good.

11. ChaZam

Just me, but even after a very meticulous inspection of any milsurp the first few shots are not up by my face. Arms length, waist level, away from my body.

12. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    same here. i lock it down and hide behind sand bags. at least if i'm the only one at the range. otherwise i ask someone if they would like to shoot it and then stand way back. just kidding on the second one.

13. dothedrew57

I usually avoid waist level. If it does blow up I'll still have my boys that way. Lol

14. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    dat's funny

15. dothedrew57

I prefer the string around the trigger method. I'm ugly enough without receiver stuck in my face lol.

16. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

Funny. I've never had a problem shooting the old girls at all. If I think it is strong enough to fire a full load in, I'm confident that nothing will go wrong. If I'm not sure it will handle a full load, I won't fire a full load. So far I've never come across a milsurp that I don't think is built like a tank.

17. ChaZam

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/mosin-nagant/121962-cracked-receiver.html

^ Well there's a cautionary tale in that thread that should provide the impetus to reconsider that position Marshall.

18. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

When I buy a new Mil Surp that looks kinda "iffy" I just invite Ninja Piper to the range and let him shoot it first! :09:

19. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Not Larry or Paper? I would have been a good candidate but I moved from ya! :haha:

20. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

Didn't say I don't inspect them before firing. Well, I didn't inspect my first mil-surp I ever bought, but I was young and stupid then. These days, I don't shoot ANYTHING without taking apart and inspecting everything. If a rifle passes, I shoot.

I do have an Arisaka Type 99 that I'm debating on. Still haven't decided. Might post a thread of it in a day or two.