Screw the .370 Sako. The .358 Hawk.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by vikingpreacher, May 26, 2008.

1. vikingpreacher

vikingpreacher G&G Newbie

Iowa
    Earlier I mentioned how I want to get a Rem. 700 in .35 Whelen. Well, I think I'm going to, but I think I'm gonna' get it rechambered to the wildcat .358 Hawk. This will be 1 nice timber rifle for bears and elk and the like. Also, check out the hawk wildcats those things are cool. They are based on the -06 case and the biggest 1, the .411 Hawk, beats out the .450/400 Nitro Express.

2. turner

turner Suspended

Tn
    Sounds interesting, no doubt! But, I'll stick with my 35 Whelens, thanks. Best of luck with that big boy!

3. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

These cartridges look nice on paper, but do you have the means to reload for them?

4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

If you give the demensions you can have any wildcat dies you want.However I like to stick to something that is fairly popular.I find that the cartridge that beats all others is the one that is available and I have used enough to be very proficient with.I have used many different cartridges but always feel suficiently armed when carrying a .22lr, .30-06,.38spl,9mm,.44mag,12or20ga,depending on the circumstances.If I am using one of these in the field they were intended for they will do their part. sam.