close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

sear

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by boneguru, Apr 2, 2002.

1. boneguru

boneguru G&G Newbie

I'm very confused about all this hubbub regarding pre and post ban. I understand the legal differences, but what I see as the differences include a narrower mill out in the lower so an auto sear cannot be inserted. now in several magazines ive seen three shot burst trigger kits that are designed for the a2 how does the presence of the sear function with a burst. I personally thought the sear was there to keep the trigger from locking up and therefore limiting select fire to semi. or is this one of those questions you just dont ask?:confused:

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The sear is the part that holds the hammer back, then releases it when the trigger is squeezed to fire a round. The simplest form of sear allows the firearm to shoot continuously while the trigger is held back (full auto). Sears have to be specially designed to fire only once. The sear could require some sort of cocking action, carryed out by moving the trigger back forward. Or there could be a secondary sear that holds the hammer back and only releases it when the trigger has moved forward enough to reengage the primary sear. OR, the action could incorporate something called a disconnect, which disengages the trigger from the sear. The most complicated sear is the 3 round burst version. It has a ratcheting device that essentially counts the shots and grabs the hammer again after the third shot.

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Let me try this one. On the A2 w/ three-round burst, the 'auto' sear is exactly the same. The disconnector has been transformed into this two-piece gadget with a type of ratchet on it. When you pull the trigger, and hold. The auto sear works as usual, the ratchet clicks/rotates one notch per round after the third round the rachet engages the disconnect which in turn catches the hammer. Now the diconnector and ratchet are in the same beginning position. ready to go again. How's that? Good Shooting! Eric

4. boneguru

boneguru G&G Newbie

thanks, it makes more sense now