Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAHA... After shooting my M38 yesterday, my brother-in-law said he wanted one. Little did I know he meant the very NEXT day. So a few minutes ago he called and said he was running up to CenterFire to pick up an M44(only ones they have in stock). So, I told him to get me one also. If all goes well, by tonight I'll be able to add a M44 to my collection.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,305 Posts
You are still nothing until you get a Finn M39...GOOD LUCK...;)

And at least one laminate:

Get crackin'....:D

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He called me about 15 minutes ago, leaving CenterFire with two M44 Mosins, one marked 1944, the other 1945. For that and 2 boxes of ammo, I owe him about $90(not bad if you ask me). The worst part is over too, I already called my wife and told her about it :D . I should get some pictures up tonight.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,305 Posts
You must also find an M38 in a true M38 stock...not in a M44 stock...:D

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The M38 I have does have an M38 stock, theres no place on it for the bayonet.... Or maybe there is, crap, I dont know. Now I'll have to compare them tonight.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,305 Posts
Pred said:
The M38 I have does have an M38 stock, theres no place on it for the bayonet.... Or maybe there is, crap, I dont know. Now I'll have to compare them tonight.

Could of swore I saw the groove in your pic for the bayo to lay into...???

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yeah well under $100 for a high powered rifle with TONs of character is totally worth it to me. Just don't let that pig poker stick ya when you fire it...man it stabs! Let us know how she shoots for ya.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,305 Posts
Just busting your hump bro...I remember when I was all excited over my Mosins...after 6 or 7 of them (I had another M38 in an M44 stock, but when I found the one with the correct stock I sold it...didn't need two) you get a little jaded. I've never even fired my M44's...lammy is too pretty, and the M44 I found in the blond stock I got a little bit ago and its too cold around here for me to go to the range.

I took all the crappy shellac off the M38... stained her with Minwax dark mahogany...3 coats of Minwax Tung Oil finish and shes beautiful! :D

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Mosinitis........strikes again.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I can't wait untill I get a Mosin. I have so many sks's and I want a Mosin. It is terrible addiction. My wife will tell you.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know Joe, and you may be right, it might have an M44 stock on it. I should get my M44 tonight, and I'll compare the two stocks and post pics of them together.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,305 Posts
Dale said:
Mosinitis........strikes again.
Yepper, my bad on the dark mahogany stain on my M38...used RED Mahogany....pretty close to the original color.

Ain't no biggie Pred...just enjoy....:right:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Pread, you have a lot less self control i had. The stork brought me a new baby 1 year to the day. I think i have a tradition going.how long have you had this one, two weeks? Good luck with your new rifle.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No, I had hoped to pick it up last night, but didn't get the chance too. However, that gun is mine tonight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you guys were posting these words of wisdom yesterday we(girlfriend-her brother-my ex-brother-inlaw-and me) were out shooting at our special place down a dirt road that dead ends with a old grave yard to the left. The road is two miles long and stright. It has a sand pile at the end and a 500 foot mesa a ouarter mile down range. The wind was 40 to 50 mph with gusts it was a cross wind. At about 200 yards or so it was blowing our 7.62x54r 147 grain bullets off by 3 to 4 inches the 182 grain yellow tips did better at about 1.5 to 2 inches. her rifle has been spotrerized and has a 24 inch barrel. She bought it that way, someone did a good job, its nice. The reciver is stamped 1927 from IZZY. Its light and kicks like a remchester .30-06 in a black plastic stock. The 147 grain FMJs are not bad the 182 FMJs get your attention if you dont suck it up tight. She wants to see what the wolf 205 grain soft points do. I orderd her some 180 grain soft point spitzers from winchester to hunt deer and antalope with. She handles her rifle well and and is pretty good with it. Now she wants a 8mm mausuer. I got her a cz52 pistol. Now she has surplusitus and is hooked. Thats a good thing.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I'm going to try and get my wife hooked this weekend at a smaller gunshow. I've learned putting money away and buying myself a gun just wont work(she seems to have gotten a lot smarter since we've been married LOL). So, I'll fight fire with fire. I've got a ruger 22 pistol and a 22 rifle that would fit her. If I can get her interested in guns/shooting, even camping, I'll make it into a book and become rich :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts