close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus See inside revolver?

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by NRAJOE, Jan 20, 2014.

1. jerry

jerry Patriotic Member Forum Contributor

USA
    That's so you can see what's actually breaking inside of it.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Thats funny...:D

3. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Fill it with water and add a Guppy.
    Gives you something to do on those slow days at the range.

4. The frame, cylinder and trigger guard appear to be the same dimensions of any standard .38 Taurus Model 85. I have two Model 85s, and the standard grip frame is already small, the dimensions are those of a S&W Model 36/60 -- just enough to be controllable. I further narrowed their profiles by taking off the nice but wide Brazilian walnut grips and replacing them with thin profile Uncle Mike's boot grips. The barrels of my Model 85s are of course 2-inches. They are as concealable as anybody could ask -- but to each his own.

I am wondering how any normal man's hand can hold onto the "thumb size" grip of this new "watch movement" Taurus. Did anybody hear in the video just what the transparent frame is made out of? Not that it really matters to me.

5. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    Lexan

6. Thanks. Lexan is pretty tough, but it does scratch easily. In '80 and '81, I used to work with GE Lexan polycarbonate as protective glazing for stained glass windows. Over the years, they would become scratchy, opaque and yellow, though it had good ballistic qualities and protected some historic stained glass windows well. Hopefully, the quality and long-time clarity has improved in the last 35 years.

7. What I see is another thing to intrigue kids and stupid people to pick it up and "play" with it if it's left laying around . Just dumb!!

8. You brought up a good point. Gun sales are way up, and the RTKABA is rolling ahead like most of us would never have imagined years ago. Taurus will do well to not shoot themselves -- and us -- in the foot.

Hopefully some Taurus representative who monitors these forums will take note.

9. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Hmmmmmm.

Making toy guns that look like real guns, is one thing.

Making real guns that look like toy guns, is another.

The new Ruger revolvers that have plastic parts of the frame, are no different.

Taurus just made the plastic parts clear instead of black.

The argument for plastic frame CCW guns was won a long time ago, with the advent of the Glock. There is no doubt that polymers make the gun lighter, and easier to carry concealed, without giving up functionality.

The new Taurus is novel, and will gain notoriety, but it will still shoot like a Taurus revolver. That may be good or bad, depending on your view of Taurus revolvers.

10. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I see allot of women looking at it and getting turned off by the trigger pull

11. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

:kinky:

12. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

13. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Dang, whatever happen to the kiss my butt all you Taurus haters thread?

14. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

OK, I have always thought that those concept cars with the clear body were cool, but I'm not sure about this.

15. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I just Ignore em now

16. jerry

jerry Patriotic Member Forum Contributor

USA
    ?

17. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Maybe its like a see through toilet....so you can see when its full of crap? :D

18. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

They make those and I have used one at a too-trendy-for-me-but-my-friends-wanted-to-go bar.

19. Kaybe

Kaybe G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    I have a clear coverplate for a S&W revolver so you can see how the insides work, but it is not designed to be shot with that on it. Brownells sells those.