close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Selling a 1899(H) fwt TD in 22HP

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cuzzin Mitch, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Cuzzin Mitch

Cuzzin Mitch G&G Newbie

Hey thar cuzzins!
    I jest put one up fer auction on forthehunt.com
    cause little ol Ma Kettle wants a new computer
    fer the cabin.
    Serial #160XXX a very nice shooter 22HP TD that is rock solid and accurate.Has fwt 20in. barrel and
    all finish, both metal and wood is original.
    If yer a bin hankerin fer one ta shoot and enjoy,
    check it out under the curio&relics catagory.
    Be great fer dustin them ol poop eatin possums
    when they come ta raid yer yard bird coops.
    Later cuzzins,Mitch.

2. Cuzzin Mitch

Cuzzin Mitch G&G Newbie

:( Well cuzzins, ya'll waited too dern long.
    She sold as of 2:30pm central time today.
    Ya snooze, ya looze as ma dear ol one eyed,
    club footed grand mammy used ta say.
    Later cuzzins,yer ol cuzzin Mitch.:cool:

3. txtornado

txtornado G&G Newbie

Tx
    Mitch,

I look there everyday and never saw it, I always search for savage, I would have thought it would have searched through the C & R listings. Man I have been looking for one just like that, and I have not checked in here for a week or so.

If you don't mind me asking how much did it go for.

Thanks,

RJS

4. Cuzzin Mitch

Cuzzin Mitch G&G Newbie

Cuzzin Tex,
    Well pard, it was kind of queer deal.I started
    the dang out @575.00+35.00 shipping/handling and
    this feller bids 575.00.OK, then he e-mails and wants ta know what my "buy it now" price would be ta end the auction right then and thar.
    I tell him maybe he would be money ahead if he jest sat tight and lat the auction run it's course,but if he was a itchin fer it like the 500lb. monkey was on he's back,I'd let it go fer
    680.00 includin shippin.He e-mails me back,"SOLD!,the money order'll be in yer mailbox early next week." Now mind you, it were'nt a perfect speciman,jest a real solid "shooter grade"
    fwt TD 22HP, all original cept fer the dovetail
    mounted rear sight.that were'nt original, but it did have a Redfield #70 tang mounted peep on her.
    Finish were all original, a few dings in tha wood and a few real slight pinhead sized oxidation spots on the sides of the action, case colors were real strong on the lever and the TD feature was as tight as the day it left Utica in 1914 or 1916(don't remember which, #160XXX).I explained it all to him in detail and also had a detailed description on tha auction along w/4 good pics.She was a real good shooter.She was listed way towards the very last page under "curio&relics" on forthehunt.com site.
    Sorry ya missed yer chance cuzzin,but you'll find one jest like ya want, be patient.Later,yer ol cuzzin Mitch.