Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got done cleaning my Charles Daly or "chuck" as I call it and figured I'd see what is on G&G about any of these guns. I quickly found that there is pretty much nothing. Well I have some spare time .....

I got mine when I was still in high school. I was at a gun raffle and won a 20G side by side Spartan. I didn't want this gun and at the time I was using my dad's model 1300 Winchester pump for PA small game. I decided to price some semi's and trade the side by side in for a semi and just make up the cost in cash. The gun store owner talked up Charles Daly and I bought a field edition semi (and I chose Realtree camo) for the price -$60 from my pocket after the Spartan trade, I gave it a whirl. I've had this gun since 2001 or 2002 and I really like it. I had some jams until I found the shells it likes (it is a bit picky). The gun pulls up nice, accepts any rem-choke, and has been out in all weather and proves to be durable. The camo has held up excellent and the gun is no stranger to green briers or a hunter not paying attention to where his feet are stepping and going ass over tin cups.

So here's one for you 'Chuck' - I've read a lot of negative reviews since I purchased this gun but you've been keeping this guy happy for over a decade.

· Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I've talked to a few people that have them and they do like them until it breaks. Parts can be hard to find at times especially now since they've gone out of business.

· Registered
2,543 Posts
That's been my experience - it worked fine until one very cold morning out crow hunting when the handle broke off the bolt. It was a NWTF special edition gun so I've been trying desperately to find parts, but no luck. If anyone has an extra or knows where I can get a new bolt for a CD 12 ga. semi, let me know.

· Registered
2,543 Posts
Bish, it sounds like we have the same gun. I won mine at a NWTF dinner in 2002, a 12 ga. semi in Realtree camo finish. Used it for turkey and some crow hunting and always liked it until that cold morning when the bolt handle broke off. A gunsmith friend of mine has been trying to find parts for it for 2 years with no luck, even though I heard somebody bought the company out of bankruptcy court about a year ago, including their entire inventory of parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.