close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sendero SF in 300 ultra mag

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ChesterGolf, Apr 1, 2002.

1. I had an order in for a Savage 116 FSAK in 300 RUM. Long story short, I can't get the gun for atleast another 5-6 mths! I am considering buying the Sendero SF 300RUM. Do any of you guys have any experience with this gun. I feel that I am getting a better gun but at a more expensive price. Is the extra price worth it for this gun as far as quality, accuracy, and overall value? I was going to pay $800 CND for the Savage and $1200 CND for the Rem. I have several Rem. and no savages so this is not a hard sell if it is worth it.

2. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

There is nothing wrong with Savage, and I can guarantee it will outshoot the Remington.

3. HEMI

HEMI G&G Newbie

That I would like to see:09: I have shot both unless I have not seen a good example of what savage offers there is no contest buy the rem and don't look back. If you buy cheap you get cheap.
    Do you want a gun you can pass down and will last 2-3 life times and still be worth sometime or a bargain?

4. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Savage rifles arn't "cheap". I think that word gets tossed around a little too much, to the point where it kinda loses it's meaning after awhile. How many custom jobs have you ever seen, that were built on a Ruger Model 77 action? Would you consider the Ruger a "cheap" rifle, because it isn't used in very many custom rigs? The point I'm trying to make, is, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Savage, and they will outshoot, or shoot with, any hunting rifle on the market. Oh, and HEMI, if you would like to see a Savage shoot rings around a Remington, we can make arrangements :D