Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Squirrel and rabbit seasons start in Iowa!
When do they start for you, and what's your location?

·
Registered
224 Posts
New Hampshire

Here in New Hampshire Squirrel season opens Sept. 1st. Most other small game opens Oct. 1st. Due to rehabilitation from knee replacement surgery, I'm going to miss much, if not all, of the upcoming season. So, I'm looking forward to viewing many pics of successful hunts from all you other hunters. :)

·
mil-surp collector
2,775 Posts
Here in New Hampshire Squirrel season opens Sept. 1st. Most other small game opens Oct. 1st. Due to rehabilitation from knee replacement surgery, I'm going to miss much, if not all, of the upcoming season. So, I'm looking forward to viewing many pics of successful hunts from all you other hunters. :)
I'll be happy to pop a few of the little critters for you.I think that is all I'll be able to hunt this year because I'm re-habing from left shoulder surgery and a .22 cal is about all that I can carry and operate comfortably.
Jason

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not A Total Loss

Hey Jason, sorry to hear about your temporary disability. And trust me. I know how you must be feeling about it, being that it's just before the hunting seasons start. Nonetheless, and as you indicate, you can still manage a .22 and that's a good thing! Go for it and have what fun you can. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Getting hurt is no fun. I hope both you fellas have a good recovery. I tore my ACL two years ago. I missed my senior football season in high school and a majority of deer season. My therapist told me not to climb a tree stand, but I did anyway. The walking seemed to do me good as long as I took it easy. Maybe yall will both get to do some hunting this year. My squirrel season don't come in until Oct. 13, I am in central NC.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Our state made a change to our opening day for squirrels in the southern part of the state last year. It now opens when the nothern half does in September which is way to early.
Squirrels are still nurseing there young and it's way to Hot. Ticks, chiggars, red bugs and skeeters will eat you alive down here if your not covered from head to toe with repellent. Need I mention snakes ?

I would'nt miss it for the world, I'll be there LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts