Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read a lot of ppl saying here that all their serials match on their rifles... what does that mean...is there serial on every piece of the rifle and if they match it means the rifle wasnt meddled with or something?
where are the serials supposed to be...all i know is on the barrel. where are all the rest?
thanks for the help
greg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my uncle gets his in a store here in toronto... i dont know about alberta though...what you can do is buy like 500 Albanian 7.62 X 54R and those will last you for a year or more. you can search online where they have those...if it means comming to toronto to get them then i think its worth it since u only need to come once a year or so...
but damn i didnt know albanians produced so many of these things i only recently found out...and the thing is....I am Albanian!
good luck!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
off the top of my head - barrel, butt plate, bolt, bottom of mag, and bayonet i think
Those are all correct, but I found two 91/59's that also had it stamped into the buttstock on the left side. Never seen it before, but both of them were all matching #'s and I now own them both. :D

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Those are all correct, but I found two 91/59's that also had it stamped into the buttstock on the left side. Never seen it before, but both of them were all matching #'s and I now own them both. :D
I've seen a few 91\30's and M-44's that had matching nmbr's located on either side of the stock near the buttplate. the Russians weren't as anal about serial nmbrs as the Germans, so numbered barrel bands, sights, etc. , won't be seen on most M\N's.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Most of the M91/30s and M38s were reconditioned well after the war to be stored in reserve. Nonmatching parts were fitted, and renumbered to match the number on the barrel. In some cases the original number was simply lined through and a new number applied, but in others the old number was ground off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts