close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Serious warning on viruses.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Hi everyone I wanted folks to know I have a virus checker and three viruses got on my hard drive. I will not answer any strange emails or those without out a message. My machine as many of you has been getting hit with the Klez virus and this nasty thing from my understanding can attack without being opened up so the warning is back up you're important stuff incase the worst happens. I have also been getting hit with self opening mortgage programs . When I go to delete them they open up so I am suspect to these being the culprit.
    Seems even with a good updated program you can now still get a virus now. I think the death penalty is in order for these scum's that enjoy ruining people computer's. Be careful. Rick B

2. What virus protection are you running? Think its the tolerant anti-gunners types? I had trouble with Mcafee and got rid of it. I've heard of "lockdown millineum". Any thoughts out there?

3. Get Norton -it quaratines the virus so you can delete it---I just got one the other day and it got rid of it.

4. McAfee's been stopping this virus. It gives you a warning immediately. Just dont open the email, delete it all the way out. Stock Doc, are you still doing repair work? I sent you an email last week, maybe you deleted out of concern for security. Thanks.

BTW: out of the 5 or 6 times I've received email with this virus, every one has come form someone on the other forum, with whom I have never corresponded. That's a weird one.

5. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I never open anything but have been warned the Klez is a slick virus and to watch it. I have McAfee and it catches it constantly so far so good. But eh Downloader-W got in my computer some how or was there before I got the virus program?
    I didnt get you're email unless there wasn't a message? Yes I am still doing repairs and will probably be for the rest of my life I bet hehehehe. Emai me if you need work done. Thanks,,Rick