Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I finally got a V-twin Honda Shadow
its close to time to do something I've wanted to for awhile...
join the Patriot Guard :)

I've almost got the bike set up for decent distance rides...
Windshield, bags & trunk are in the works to be put on in
the next few weeks...so other than that, what else might
be needed??

Any helpful hints from any who are doing it now??

Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
Need pics!
If you intend on longer cruises, a GPS would be handy.
On my bike, I made myself a handlebar mount, but you can order one online.

Registered
A roll of basic tools and a tire plug kit. Always have a Leatherman on your belt also.

Reactions: neophyte

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A roll of basic tools and a tire plug kit. Always have a Leatherman on your belt also.
That's why I got the bags in the first place...
to hold rain gear, extra helmet in case of Girl, and tools :)
Fortunately with Honda's of that era...12mm & 14mm wrenches
take care of 90% of the repair items...add in a few Allen wrenches
& a tire spoon kit, there ain't much ya can't fix :)

Cracks me up when guys say they're making a Bobber bike,
I'm like, where do ya put the girl on that??
What is the point of Riding if you can't have a gal on the back???

10525787_301572890024677_5280272358860440840_n.jpg

mustache_motorcycle.jpg

Registered
When it comes to cars we did something similar. The Chevy Equinox, the Hyundai Sante Fe, and even a Mazda and Ford SUV are all based off the same KIA platform.

The Equinox is made in Vietnam (at the old Chu Lai air base for any of you Vietnam vets), the Ford and Mazda are both made in Korea, and the KIA and Hyundai are made in America. The Hyundai was not only the highest rated of those, it also had the most comfortable interior. It also helped that it is made here in Alabama.

This is the second "foreign" car we've bought that was American-made.

Registered

Registered
As the owner of two, Harley Davidsons, I don't care what you ride, I care THAT you ride.
Unfortunately I no longer do. My bike sat in the garage for about 2 years, only getting out a couple of times so I sold it to a young feller for his first ride. At least it should get ridden a lot more now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately I no longer do. My bike sat in the garage for about 2 years, only getting out a couple of times so I sold it to a young feller for his first ride. At least it should get ridden a lot more now.
Time for a TRIKE :)

Registered
I thought about it but I just don't ride that much anymore.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought about it but I just don't ride that much anymore.
I'm pretty much a Sunny Day rider.
Altho, living in Florida, gives me a lot more sunny days
at 70+ degrees than Kansas :D

I added a full set of bags to the bike,
so now I just need a decent windshield...
got a craptastic handlebar-clip-on now,
but it just barely does anything...too tiny.
Trying to find a Vetter for a decent price.

Since 03-15- 2002
Same here. Miss it sometimes
As for patriot guard, I don鈥檛 think I鈥檇 be much help, but sounds like a few good ides.

Attachments

Registered
Honda's are made in America to bypass tariffs, go figure!! :)

View attachment 102088
Honda quit building motorcycles in the USA about 8 - 10 years ago, but still build most of their cars and SUVs here. The old Marysville bike plant is a warehouse for one of their car plants now days. No knock on your bike whatsoever, they did make some of the shadows in that plant if I remember correctly.

Wonderment :)
information:

http://blog.leatherup.com/2013/01/14/made-in-usa-motorcycles-and-motorcycle-products/

But Harley-Davidson motorcycles were true American-made motorcycle back then. The Harleys made today have components and parts made in China and Harley has dropped its Made in USA label. Now say you want to buy an American-made motorcycle or some other motorcycle product, do you know what to buy? Are Victory motorcycles made in USA?

http://backintheusa.us/articles2.php?title2=HowAmericanisHarleyDavidson

Harley Davidson鈥檚 Manufacturing Facilities

Leaving out the facilities that are corporate, financial, or sales and administrative locations, we end up with a list of Harley鈥檚 manufacturing and assembly plants per the Harley Davidson website:

• Menominee Falls, Wisconsin - Powertrain
  • Tomahawk, Wisconsin - Windshields, composite plastic parts
  • Kansas City, Missouri - Assembly, Powertrain
  • York, Pennsylvania - Fabrication, Paint, Final Assembly
  • Manaus, Brazil - CKD* Assembles models sold in Brazil
  • Bawal, India - Manufacture of Street models for India, Italy, Spain, and Portugal
*CKD means complete knockdown. Models are basically built in the US, for example, and reassembled in the country where the bikes are sold.

Registered
Are Victory motorcycles made in USA?
Victory is/was a division of Polaris. Polaris dropped the Victory line two years ago to pursue the Indian line full time. Polaris will however warrant, repair and supply parts for ten years for existing models.

Registered
information:

http://blog.leatherup.com/2013/01/14/made-in-usa-motorcycles-and-motorcycle-products/

But Harley-Davidson motorcycles were true American-made motorcycle back then. The Harleys made today have components and parts made in China and Harley has dropped its Made in USA label. Now say you want to buy an American-made motorcycle or some other motorcycle product, do you know what to buy? Are Victory motorcycles made in USA?

http://backintheusa.us/articles2.php?title2=HowAmericanisHarleyDavidson

Harley Davidson鈥檚 Manufacturing Facilities

Leaving out the facilities that are corporate, financial, or sales and administrative locations, we end up with a list of Harley鈥檚 manufacturing and assembly plants per the Harley Davidson website:

• Menominee Falls, Wisconsin - Powertrain
  • Tomahawk, Wisconsin - Windshields, composite plastic parts
  • Kansas City, Missouri - Assembly, Powertrain
  • York, Pennsylvania - Fabrication, Paint, Final Assembly
  • Manaus, Brazil - CKD* Assembles models sold in Brazil
  • Bawal, India - Manufacture of Street models for India, Italy, Spain, and Portugal
*CKD means complete knockdown. Models are basically built in the US, for example, and reassembled in the country where the bikes are sold.
The Kansas City plant is in the process of closing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts