Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure where to put this so Mods move it if necessary.

one of my daughters has been living in Australia, married an Aussie and is becoming a Citizen. she wants me to send some of her guns (the ones legal by Australian standards) to her. her husband is an avid hunter/outdoorsman and already has some firearms, but she wants hers too. my question (to the G&G FFL holders) is does anyone here have any experience exporting firearms to Australia or any other foreign Countries? I assume the paperwork on this side would be the same when exporting to any friendly Country. also, any input our Aussie members (or anyone else with experience) could give would be appreciated.
thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another question- would it be better or easier to ship the guns or me to take them as baggage when I fly over there?

·
Registered
22,418 Posts
not sure where to put this so Mods move it if necessary.

one of my daughters has been living in Australia, married an Aussie and is becoming a Citizen. she wants me to send some of her guns (the ones legal by Australian standards) to her. her husband is an avid hunter/outdoorsman and already has some firearms, but she wants hers too. my question (to the G&G FFL holders) is does anyone here have any experience exporting firearms to Australia or any other foreign Countries? I assume the paperwork on this side would be the same when exporting to any friendly Country. also, any input our Aussie members (or anyone else with experience) could give would be appreciated.
thanks,
Mike
You might contact Irunguns (IRUNGUNS LLC) as they do a lot of import/export transfers.

I've only had one experience with Australia, and it was sending a black powder revolver. That was a nightmare that took six months. We had to get clearance from the Aussie Feds, and at the time the only gun shop in the whole country that imported guns was in Brisbane.

My customer bought a $200 gun that cost pretty close to $1000 extra to get, not counting gas for him to go from Perth to Brisbane to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Perth to Brisbane
It is 2,700 miles though.

Honestly you'd probably better better off jumping through the hoops and buying what you need here. It's not that hard really. It will seem like it, but it's just time.

I've only ever spoken to one guy who bought a 300 win mag ruger 77 on line in the early days of the internet. He got it for a song really. LH rifle, trigger job, I rang the gong at 350 yards ( an old school bell hung from a post ) with it when he offered me a shot. I wanted it... :(

·
Registered
22,418 Posts
It is 2,700 miles though.

Honestly you'd probably better better off jumping through the hoops and buying what you need here. It's not that hard really. It will seem like it, but it's just time.

I've only ever spoken to one guy who bought a 300 win mag ruger 77 on line in the early days of the internet. He got it for a song really. LH rifle, trigger job, I rang the gong at 350 yards ( an old school bell hung from a post ) with it when he offered me a shot. I wanted it... :(
The problem was that we were the only company in the English-speaking world that carried that particular model, and he really wanted it. Getting it domestically wasn't an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts