Shipping prices

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Pronsias, May 6, 2008.

1. Pronsias

Pronsias G&G Evangelist

NV
    Many of the online retailers don't publish their shipment price. Are they all pretty much equivalent? Do any offer any deals, e.g free shipping over $x? I am mainly looking at AIM, SOG, J&G, Centerfire, Century.

2. Righteous

Righteous Guest

most are $17 S&H per rifle, handguns ship next day air so that will depend on where you live.

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Sure wish I could get $17 S&H !!

4. roadie

roadie G&G Newbie

Shipping prices suck all around. But if you think about it, to buy what ever it is your getting locally, you'd have to pay sales tax, as well as the gas it takes to get there and back. So the way i see it, is the shipping sometimes breaks even, even if you have a haz mat for primers and powder. Powder prices locally for me are about $10 or so higher than online, so if I figure tax, higher price and haz mat...the online prices are actually a wee bit cheaper, as long as I buy in bulk.

5. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

It depends on where you live, who you buy from, and how far you are from them..

Century has a $12.95 flat shipping fee unless you buy more than $500 worth of stuff. Then shipping's free..

The others tend to be standard shipping costs.. I purchase from AIM, SOG, and Centerfire because they're only a few hundred miles away, so shipping is pretty reasonable.. With them, my first gun might be $15, but adding another might only cost me another buck or two and so on..

I bought 5 mosins from Centerfire a couple months ago and shipping for all 5 was $27 to my door, or just a touch over $5 each.. I can live with that.

6. SwedeSteve

I could live with that, all day long! Shipping for me is $35-$45!

7. Pronsias

Pronsias G&G Evangelist

NV
    Thanks, that's what I was looking for. One of them (SOG maybe) only gives you a shipping price after you buy, so I was a little wary.

8. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

You live in the Garden of Eden.. Shipping should be more, because it's worth it..:)

9. SwedeSteve

Well, to a point yes! But when I have to pay more for shipping than the cost of the item it gets me riled up!