close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shoot'em up movie

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jack O, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

I have to get me some of the guns on the shoo'em up movies. They have unlimited mags and when they shot no brass came out. Some genius has figured out how to make more of my range time don't have to pick up any brass. At least they could make it look real for us "gun nuts":target: :assult:

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I believe you have over looked the gyro stabalized targetign system that allows in the begining of movies the good guy to miss the bad guy at 5 ft only to be able to hit thme from 100 feet with a 2" snub nose after being injured..

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The most incredible shoot'emup movie I ever saw was Cobra.

4. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Heat directed by Michael Mann... best I ever saw...

Jesse

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I did not say "best". I said most incredible. The movie starts off with a guy shooting like 30 shots from a pump gun without reloading. The movie gets worse from there.

6. Jesse

Yeah, I remember that movie... Stallone shoots him with a .38 super after he sips a Coors behind a display..."you're the disease.... I'm the cure..." Definitely one to remember for "thousand shot" syndrome.

Jesse

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The one I liked was an old Hawaii 5-O episode where the cops couldn't hit the badguy on top of the building with their rifles, but McGarret pops him with his 2" snubby. Good shootin'!
    I liked "Sniper" with Tom Berenger, but having never been in that line of work, I can't comment on whether it was realistic.

8. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Multi shot Laws

I like the Multi shot LAWs.
    I think it was either a rambo or an MIA movie where he stands and shoots a law then rotates and fires again and rotates yet again to fire.

9. Big Dog

The WORST use of a movie gun . . .

If you ever get the chance, watch the third "Toxic Avenger" movie. At the start, some bad guys are terrorizing a movie rental store. One has an UZI carbine, that he manually racks the action every time he shoots! It just goes down from there.
    (I collect "BAD" movies. My collection of bad ninja movies is second to none!)

:rolleyes:

10. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

seen that to

I've seen something similar where the gun is shot and stops so to reload he racks the action and starts shooting again. Does it several times. May have been jammed but he never reloaded so either way he was off.

I've never seen any of the TA or nukem high. Wife won't let me rent them. I personally like the b movie genre. But she did rent evil dead.

11. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I have to Agree Heat is one of the best one's I have seen with good gun play the worst would have to be Comando with Arnold - of course have you noticed that in the movie bullets richchet off of 50gal drums but in real life they tear them right open.

12. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

No, I think Stallone was far worse than Arnold, if you assume that gun store in Commando was some kind of secret depot for the government. Someone needs to rent both movies and do a detailed comparison.

13. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Best movie best weaponry has to be Tremors II single shot 50 cal BMG , 416 Rigby double rifle just to name a few and you can't foget the duece and a half. Just my op well played and weapon accurate.

14. JohnD

JohnD Member

the matrix now the shooting is very realistic there they can get out of the way of the bullets. well at least the brass does not fly with the bullets and the people actualy run out of ammo. and the concreat blocks realy get chewed up.

15. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I still Like the old John Wayne Movies..checking the six guns..cocking the sigle actions...granted the long range and rapid fire shots were off a bit...and some times the held a lot more than six shots...Oh as for dodgeing bulletts..thats how I spend most of my day around the office...bulletts, knives, rummors..ect..:)

16. M1rifleman

M1rifleman G&G Newbie

even in the matrix the brass is the wrong size. how can you shoot what seems to look like .223 brass in a .380 machine pistol. no movie is perfect i guess

17. How about Red Dawn or Tombstone?

18. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    There has been too many bad ones made, can't pick one out. Either turn them off because they are so bad, or leave them on to watch for more mistakes. Cobra, that stallone movie is pretty bad...You should start a thread on "gun mistakes" in movies. A good example could be in Apocalypse Now one of the M-60's has a belt of blanks feeding it ( you can see no bullets, just the brass crimped over ).

-Tim

19. Big Dog

Just watched the movie "Dead Heat" (with Joe Piscopo as a cop), and one thing that stood out clearly after each gunfight with full auto weapons. Seconds later, there's no brass on the floor. I guess the producer didn't like a messy set! LOL

20. Jesse

I'll tell you an interesting movie (borderline B-grade) that is surprisingly accurate: Dead Bang with Don Johnson. The plot is interesting enough to follow and there's a funny scene where Jerry Beck (Johnson) chases down a suspect and is so hung over, he pukes all over him... Johnson has a Python in the movie and you can count the rounds he shoots, and reloads... very realistic. This movie was made on the heels of Johnson's "Miami Vice" fame and can be bought on DVD for $6- 9.00.

Jesse