Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Well, I'd think like with anything else, there's a point one shouldn't do it.

I'd also say, who knows, maybe it will work the same as playing classical and opera music while a baby is in the womb. Only in this instance the child will come out pro gun, like to shoot guns and be a marksman. Or markswoman?

In all seriousness, and its only if even there's ant chance of or from it. But I'd think unless your outside, all the gun powder smoke/fumes, and or any lead, etc., etc., might or could be bad for both mother and child. Especially the lead as there may be direct contact?

But I'm not a doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express. lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
All of us, Samuel?? All by yourself?? Well, if nothing else, you seem to have high hopes! :laughing:

1911sr

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
This is BS. My mom shot while pregnant, My sister shot while pregnant and so did my first wife and my Niece. Doctors are mostly anti-gun and would prefer you stayed that way.

All the pregnant women in my family shot .22s when pregnant. Not loud enough for anything damaging, and not on a daily basis.

And guess what! All the kids turned out fine with normal to good hearing. Most of us have college degrees and are PRO gun!

Let her shoot!

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
All of us, Samuel?? All by yourself?? Well, if nothing else, you seem to have high hopes! :laughing:

1911sr
Yepper,high hopes! (but when it comes to action,"all hat and no cattle" as they say in Texas.) Really tho,I question the necessity of this caution as long as the kid wears his/her safety equipment.That reminds me of something,,,,,,,,,

·
Old man, No tact...
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This is BS. My mom shot while pregnant, My sister shot while pregnant and so did my first wife and my Niece. Doctors are mostly anti-gun and would prefer you stayed that way.

All the pregnant women in my family shot .22s when pregnant. Not loud enough for anything damaging, and not on a daily basis.

And guess what! All the kids turned out fine with normal to good hearing. Most of us have college degrees and are PRO gun!

Let her shoot!
4 ladies shooting while pregnant, with no adverse effects to a fetus does NOT provide enough data to say that any cautions regarding potential hearing damage to a fetus due to exposure to the discharge of firearms is BS.

You do as you please. Read the end of the first post. "For information only". If you've got contradicting FACTS, please lay 'em out here. If you don't have any facts, have a nice day. I simply posted a caution.... you do as you see fit, but do it with your own children.

Reactions: Dannyboy53

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
4 ladies shooting while pregnant, with no adverse effects to a fetus does NOT provide enough data to say that any cautions regarding potential hearing damage to a fetus due to exposure to the discharge of firearms is BS.

You do as you please. Read the end of the first post. "For information only". If you've got contradicting FACTS, please lay 'em out here. If you don't have any facts, have a nice day. I simply posted a caution.... you do as you see fit, but do it with your own children.
I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. I haven't seen any proof either way. Just speculation.

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. I haven't seen any proof either way. Just speculation.
you wont see any either.
thats because it is illegal to conduct potentially dangerous experiments on babies.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
scientists dont give babies crack either
birth mothers do.
....Did your mother give you crack?!?!?! That could explain some things!

Just kidding of course, just like to give you a hard time lol :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dragunov, its really hard to make intelligible sounds with your foot in your mouth.
My husband and I are both shooters, and we did a lot of homework before opting to curb our shooting till my daughter was born. Why do guys always think they have the answers to everything concerning women?

Noise: A Hazard for the Fetus and Newborn -- Committee on Environmental Health 100 (4): 724 -- AAP Policy

Noise: A Hazard for the Fetus and Newborn -- Committee on Environmental Health 100 (4): 724 -- Pediatrics

And there are literally hundreds from the New England Journals of Medicine.

Your opinion is only worth as much as your facts. Despite being an avid reloader, shooter and bullet caster, do you think that I would have for even a moment considered damaging my unborn daughter's hearing without first doing the research?
Not this little girl, mister. My Daughter, Scarlett Lyn.

Did it ever cross your mind that young female shooters would possibly read a post like yours, assuming that an experienced shooter like you could be trusted for advice? That even one of them might blindly accept your word without researching it herself?
Think about this, Dragunov.

1911sr

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I think the temper in this room is getting a little bit out of hand here guys. No need to start slamming each other.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry, AA. You're right. I'm pro-baby and pro-shooting and got carried away. Oh well..... :sorry:

1911sr

21 - 33 of 33 Posts