close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

shopping frenzy

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Snakebite, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I woke up this morning and felt the need to spend some money. I just wanted to help the economy. I was on a mission. I hit every gun store in a 10 mile radius. I must have handled every military firearm in Tucson. Some stores I went to twice to double check the inventory. I finally narrowed it down to just a few guns. A K31 Schmidt-Ruben, a Turk mauser or a Czech mauser. I ended up with a Vz 24. Out of all the guns I looked at, this was the cheapest and is in perfect shape. No dings, pitting or rust. I think I'll stay away from Big 5 for awhile because I made the new guy behind the counter open a bunch of boxes before I made up my mind. I could tell he was getting irritated. Oh well, customer satisfaction is what keeps people coming back. Cant wait to shoot it.
    :p

2. Congrats, Vz24's are nice rifles, I don't like to go to big5 all that much the people that work the gun counters usually don't want to be around evil guns.
    -Jesse

3. 8MM..you are absolutely right about the people behind the counter at Big 5. Never in my life have I bought a gun from someone that knew so little about them. I think I must have been the first person he ever sold a gun to. The paperwork was a joke and he was REALLY starting to get me mad! I made the mistake of writing that my country of origin was U.S. and that I lived in AZ. I had to re-write all of it and spell out United States of America, Arizona, and initial all the changes. Then he asked if I wanted a box of ammo to go with it. I didnt, but as he set a box of 8mm ammo on the counter he told me that this ammo wouldnt fit and that he didnt have any ammo that fits a vz-24. I might buy another gun at Big 5 but never from this guy. They need to train these guys a little better!!!

4. I forgot to ask ya....are you keeping all that nasty Kalifornia salt air off the guns?? Sure is nice in Az. Real nice.

5. hahah yeah i havn't had a chance to take 'em out since i've been back, i think they and i are having withdrawls from lack of shooting and lead exposure!
    Although i did have fun scaring the hell out of my pacifist wannabe hippie heighbor, and all i was doing was taking my Garand from my house to my car, so i could take it to my friends house a few miles away, maybe i shouldn't have had it slung over my shoulder :D :D :D :D
    But ahhh i don't care if that loser can't handle seeing a gun.
    -Jesse