Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rather impressed. A customer on the range had one and he let me shoot it. So I took him up on the offer since I'd never shot one before (truth be told, I only shot one semi-auto shotgun and it was an old Beretta of some sort). And it was the first time I'd ever shot slugs out of a shotgun, too.

I was amazed at the recoil. I was expecting the 3" slugs to really hurt coming out of that thing, and while it wasn't completely devoid of recoil, it was no worse than firing birdshot out of a Remington 870. He was surprised I didn't fire off all the rounds, but I decided it was best to put it down before I really wanted one for myself. $1500 is a little steep for me!

So the full out ComforTech works. The one thing that amazed me was how loud and hard the bolt was. I could feel every move the bolt the made and I could hear it clear as day over all the other guns.

Well, I guess this means sometime next week I have to bring my Super Nova (with half a$$ ComforTech) back in and reground myself. LOL!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I checked out a P350 stoeger shotgun the other day. It was side by side with a super nova and they were identical phiscally the same and the actions felt the same as well. Suppose to be cheaper brand for Binelli. The guy behind the counter started explaining it to me, but he pissed me off with his nasty attitude. He is a shooter and a reloader, and his attitude was if its not S&W od Remington its no good and wouldnt own it. Which is kind of stupid way of handeling sales if your trying to get my money knock down every gun I want to look at if its not what you want.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've worked with sales guys like that, too. They generally don't last long. I can find something nice to say about just about anything, really.

The Stoeger isn't a bad option. I've honestly only heard one bad story about them and it was from a cowboy action shooter who's double barrel had broken during a match. Apparently the barrel split and the metal was honeycombed inside. But I'm probably going to get one anyway for cowboy action myself.

The Super Nova is a sweetie and has some additional features to it, but nothing you couldn't live without.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i just got a nova with rifled slug barrel 12 gauge last week 300.00 bucks shot it 10 times at a 100 yards under 2 in group and shoulder wasnt soar im happy

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won a Super Nova about a year ago and I've been tickled with it. I'm sort of spoiled now. I'm taking it in for some excersise tomorrow, actually. I'll shoot it and then follow up with the rifle. The rifle will make me hurt, but the shotgun won't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts