Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a pic at the moment, home PC is on the fritz. I'll take a pic or scan the target at work next time I'm in there.

This was the .303 I bought from Joe BTW. I started at 50 yards as standard. I had a small box with the target on it. I missed the entire thing the first 5 rounds. Took a plug at a rock at the 125 yard birm. Noted it was a few inches high as the bullet struck.

Ok, no problem. I expected it may be a bit high, especially at the given range. The next 3 shots I put the front sight on the bottom of the page. (after moving the target to about 85 yards) I ended up dead center of the target with a 2 1/8" group. Duplicateed it again with one flyer. I seem to get one almost always when I shoot irons, me I'm sure, not the gun.

I need to shoot the crap out of it to get the muscle memory down on the trigger. I'm not the greateat gun slinger in the world. However, I have the ability to store in the muscle memory bank every trigger I have on every gun. Just need to program the .303.

I got dies at Cabella's & have a box of 125 grain 311's on order from the gun store.

Will have more to report after loading some up:usa2:

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
good for you! i sure like my enfield.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
I was at the range this morning, first time ever there was no SMLE`s there..

It was a bit hot, not too bad. Old Jimmy was on deck as range officer, he`s beaten cancer, he had a real bad turn in january and there he is back on deck, woot!

There was an expletive deleted breeze blowing. Cease fire, range is open to shooters to inspect / retrieve targets, the wind would drop to nothing. Range declared open shooters can comence firing, instant 20 knot wind. It happens every single time....

Jerry, I bet you find the heavier bullets better. i`d try seating those lighter jobs out as far as you dare, never know they may be alright.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts