close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot the Turk and the Yugo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ltcboy, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Went to the range with my new Garand, was very thrilled to shoot it, and I brought along my Turk and my Yugo Mausers. I had that surplus Turkish ammo and I shot about 70 rounds off, I had 4 duds. I read in other forums that this is common. If I use regular 8mm will the Yugo action be smoother? Seems as if sometimes it was difficult manuvering the bolt after a round was fired. I know that the Turk ammo is hot but the Turk Mauser seemed a hell of alot smoother than the Yugo. Has this happened to you guys??

2. JDW

JDW G&G Newbie

sticky bore

I had the same trouble with my turk maurser. If you read under
    the site - what size bore brush do I need for a turk - you will find the advise given to me. I went to the local gun store - told them my problem - got a chamber cleaning kit- has a flexible cleaning rod and bore brush - that would work on a 30 cal - one of the brash brushes - wrap a patch around it and then used J B bore cleaner if you can find it - it is a paste - bit gritty - and just twrill it around and around and in a out tilll it comes out clean. I rinsed it out good with reg. bore clearner. Then I used Kroil - which is a cleaner also- got it from midway - and used that on the whole barrel - that is the only stuff that I've used that I could ever get a clean patch when I was done . Hope to take it out on Sun. and give it a try. HOpe some of this helps -
    If you can not find the JB bore cleaner/paste - it comes from brownells.com

3. buttons

buttons G&G Newbie

Were your misfires in both guns or just the Turk. Also you will get a much smoother recoil with the Turk, the Yugo kicks more bacause it is a shorter barrel and a lighter gun. My Turk tends to misfire once in awhile using any M/S ammo. The Yugo's on the other hand rarely misfire. Bye

4. I had the misfire in the Turk. The Turk action seems a lot smoother than the Yugo. Both rifles kick like a mule. Had a lot of fun shooting them, can't believe how accurate they are.

5. MauserMoe

MauserMoe G&G Newbie

Can't believe you think the Mausers "kick like a mule" I have three M48As and an FR-8 & now what to get a Turk. Where is the best place to buy a Turkish Mauser in really good shape. I understand they are scarce.
    As for my Mausers, I find them all very comfortable to shoot. There are five more M48As that my cousins, nephew & friends have. None of them complain. They all think they are nice to shoot.:right:

6. They kick a hell of alot harder than the 30.06

7. MauserMoe

MauserMoe G&G Newbie

Didn't mean to offend you. I don't own an '06 so i wouldn't know. I'm used to hunting with heavy handload in my Marlin 45-70. Maybe that's why my M48As are so nice to shoot.
    Still wish I knew where to buy a Turk in nice shape.

8. MauserMoe-

Go to Southern Ohio Gun--they have great Turks, or go to J&G in shotgunnews. Thats where I got mine. Was a dirtball when I got it but it cleaned up very nice, very accurate

9. MauserMoe

MauserMoe G&G Newbie

Itcboy
    Thanks for the help. SOG or J&G it is.

I agree! Up Bin Laden's ***! Also, up his nose with a wire braded hose.