Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which of Remington's shotgun buttstocks are interchangeable? And mag tube extensions? Everything's advertised for the 870, but not as much for the 1100, but I thought I saw something saying it was for both.

With respect to the current AWB, I would not install both at once, but one at a time as sport requires.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The stocks and forends of 870's and 1100's are not interchangible. the 1100's forend is part of the gas system and has no way to grip a pump assy's tube and bars. The 870 has a thrubolt in the buttstock of approx 5/16 dia. The 1100 has a tube that contains the bolt return spring and the hole thru the stock is about 3/4" in dia. and they use a nut on the end of the tube to hold the stock on.

Other than a few pins and springs there are very few common parts.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just made myself a custom full length one piece wood stock for my new/used 1100. :D

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,027 Posts
What kind of wood are you using?

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well since the stock is primarily cosmetic, I went ahead and used a block of Sassafrass. I plan to give it a hard finish though. All the recoil force goes straight into the buttstock and pretty thick grip (I have big hands so a big grip fits me well.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts