Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, i have seen a number of times on OLN, that in some competiton shooting matches, that some people using pump shotguns use a speed reloader, that reloads a full 7 or 8 rounds at once, does anyone know what im talking about.......?

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Welcome to G&G -- I have seen these before they require a modification to the shotgun and then you carry a magazine tube that you force the cartridges through- I will see if I can find the name

·
Registered
46 Posts
FarmerJohn said:
Howdy, i have seen a number of times on OLN, that in some competiton shooting matches, that some people using pump shotguns use a speed reloader, that reloads a full 7 or 8 rounds at once, does anyone know what im talking about.......?

Farmer John:

In my competitive shooting with IPSC Multigun including shotguns, the only speed loaders that are practical and used 100% of the time are the 4 round speed loaders. The Speed Loaders are carried on the shooter- usually 4 at a time depending on the stage and strategically loaded between a shooting array (during movement when not shooting). The rounds loaded depends on how many rounds you will need to finish the stage. Many of the shooters are quick enough to make 2 - 4 round loads within seconds and continue firing. During stages that are limited to handloading, rounds are loaded on the belt in 4 round packs and loaded very quickly. Some rounds are loaded on a wrist ban or on the rifle for quick access.

hope this helps

whitley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts