Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just broke out me OLD (30 25-30 years old)...Lee Load all Jr....in any case it does nto want to resize 1 fired hulls...not enough leverage and the nylon press is flexing too much....kinda sad as its my teenage years press......so I need a new press....andy recomendations???? Im looking at the Lee Loader 2 (think its called that)...but lets here what you modern people use :)

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,182 Posts
I have loaded thousands on the Lee Laod all 2 and MEC.

I like the Lee because you get all the bushing and bar configurations right up front. With the MEC you need to buy them as seperate components.

The Lee loads acceptable ammo. The MEC loads exceptional ammo.

If you have $150~$200 to throw down, get the MEC, if the budget is $40, get the LEE it will work.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Can't add much to that. I don't see much performance difference in the shells, but the MEC loaders are more convenient for certain. If the MEC had not been given to me as a gift, I would have bought the Lee.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,182 Posts
good idea on the variable bar, that's gotta be handy.

I guess volume has a bit to do with it too. The MEC is a tad sturdier.

Or, you can allways go for broke and get the attached Dillon.:cool:

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I got the dillion I would have to get a place for me and the press to sleep....wifee poo would toss us both out :)

I ordered the Lee today...figured I dont shoot the shogun much...so should be well enough.

·
Registered
286 Posts
MEC junior for 12 ga. And an old Mec progressive for 20ga. Looked into getting a steel shot reloader, but don't see the economical value in it over buying factory ammo.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hope the Lee works out for you.
I had the MEC Jr. for years and I loaded many thousands of rounds with it without a single problem. It really made some great shooting shells.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have been loading shotshells for years and have used a Load-All, two MECs, and a fancy Ponsness-Warren press. All turned out good shells. I find that the condition of the empties is the greatest variable in making good shotshell reloads.

The Load-All has always worked well for me with target (low-brass) shells. The MEC Jr. is a good press too.

Lee makes a great press for the money. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've been using the same MEC 600 Jr. for nearly 30 years! I have an adjustable charge bar in it. I also have the guage conversion kit from 12 to 20. Never have a bit of trouble with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts