Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I miss these threads. I didn't look too hard for the old one so it might be there it might now but I've been away for a while and want to see everybody's SKS'.
My Yugoslavian m59/66(hence the name) was my 1st rifle i bought in 2004 for $119. I joined this site not too long after to get some info on mods. with the right guidance from all the old salts on the site i created this...

It's a crappy pic from my phone but you get the idea.

Yugo SKS
Chaote dragunov stock
Remington 3-9x32 scope
shell deflector
internals for compliance parts
harris bipod
extended mag release
tapco 20rd mag(not shown)
i think thats it, i probably missed something

·
Registered
668 Posts

Heres my first sks that I picked up a couple years back for like 90 bucks. Its a good shooter

here's my third rifle. I sold the second one.

and here's my chinese paratrooper that i just got a few days ago.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the more is see them in the original stocks, the more i want a new one.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have to say after shooting my Yugo last week it is a very underrated rifle IMHO, with just a little trigger work it really a great rifle.
Most have a milled receiver and I would say a lot more comfortable to shoot than the other 7.62x39 rifles out there and for the price you can't argue with the value.
I will definitely own more of these.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think people don't like them cause theyre not chrome lined

·
Registered
668 Posts
the only sks with a stamped receiver is the chinese commercial rifles. There are not many around and even though threy are not military rifles, and they are not the best shooters, they command a decent amount of cash in the collectors market.

Yugoslavian rifles are very very fine rifles.

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Here is my shooter grade Yugo

and this is a Yugo in excellent condition

and an unissued Yugo

Lastly, my Albanians, this one is matching #s made in 1969

and another matching #s made in 1968 with a Chu wood stock

·
Registered
691 Posts
I got my first SKS in the fall of 69 and 3 more in the next 6 months. Here are 2 of them, sold the other 2 within a year of bringing them home - which was what I brought them back for.
Bottom is an all matching NVA in about VG+, the next is a Mint/unfired chicom.
I have trophy papers for all but 2 in this photo and those 2 came from the vets who brought them back.
Sarge

Attachments

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Here is my Yugo shooter, I put her original clothes back on keepin her C&R. The other is my Norinco set up for hunting pigs and whitetails (whenever I get back down to Texas.

[/url]
sksss by roggom, on Flickr
[/img]

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Good looking rifles guys. Just making my itch, itchier. Hopfully I'll get it scratched here in a few weeks. I've been wanting one on these for a long time. I've haven't had the cash latley, but I think that I'm going to thin my guitar collection and have myself an SKS.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Well here's a vid from my YT account of my Russian SKS. Before and after pics are at the beginning and end of the vid too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgIo7bagXU"]YouTube - SKS The Final Chapter.wmv[/ame]

·
Registered
742 Posts
OK then a Yugo.

I found my first one a well used Chines one in '67 it had been dropped just inside the wire at the end of the runway. I brought it back from Dak To in late November '67 to the MACV base Kontum. A few months later we had over 50 of them in new condition

This Yugo was a gift a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts