Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
A real hoot to shoot.

Never seen one before, not to sure what to think, til the 100 round mag. entered the picture I'll bet it is a blast to shoot.
Waterdog,

The Calicos are beyond fun if you just wanna tear up some cans or Zombie targets. Personally, I have never been able to rapidly empty a full magazine without my trigger finger giving out first.

I realized after getting mine home that the rear sight was missing and I decided to not bother replacing it. I picked up a scope mount from the Calico online store and added a 30mm red dot sight to it. I have come up with a shooting position that makes the gun very stable for accurate shots at longer distances. I am a righty so I grip the end of the mag with my left hand and apply just enough pressure to it to give me a pretty stable shooting platform.

If you get a chance to pick one of these up, do so. You will not be sorry. I look at the prices now and I am so glad I got mine pre-Brady and for less than $160.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Replacement Trigger Modification?

...Personally, I have never been able to rapidly empty a full magazine without my trigger finger giving out first.
This seems a common concern for those of us who must use semi-auto yet unload max suppressive fire.

Any one know a simple / elegant method to adjust the trigger pull for painless semi-auto rapid fire?

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
106 Posts
Man you are funny! Should show you a pict of what will be my new baby.

Like this:
Leupold 66135 DeltaPoint Reflex Sight
Good choice for her? Want a laser too but gotta rely on my range (?) to get them zeroed(?) Worry range will break my girl playing with her. Gotta get them Zeroed. Due to right handed / right eye problems - will have to shoot from the hip.

Opinions?
(Ducking)

PS Thought you would like this!
Calico 9mm 100rd Drum New Factory

Sweet!

(could be mistaken - think my model is older - plain muzzle tip and maybe larger lower rail & larger stock? Will know soon)

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Finally Home. Need local VERY familiar with her.

First Gun Ever.

Rail could have been made MUCH lighter.
But I have only held her unloaded. With 100 rds loaded - 'heavy' rail may be perfect counter balance.

I MUST find her a large / open reflex sight and laser.
My guess is to zero both - will require a bore laser as well.

Here in Sarasota FL - sure could use a great gunsmith and ESPECIALLY a trainer very familiar with these guns.

Never broke a gun down before - but this girl has HUNDREDS of parts!
This video of stripping the pistol version makes a far more difficult task look 'simple'.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRHBVEJMuuk]How to break down and re-assemble a Calico 9mm Liberty 1T - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe I have a pre ban Calico m900 carbine. It has a fire suppressor that is tappers out in the middle. Have a 50 drum and an auto re-loader. Just purchased a new "Rifle" sliding stock for it for 100.00 Willing to sell all for around $900. Anyone interested?
Thanks Ray

21 - 27 of 27 Posts