Shrimp

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, May 15, 2008.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

What kind of marinade do you use for grilled shrimp?

2. We used to marinate ourselves with Captain Morgan's when we grilled shrimp.

Heres one from all-recipes it sounds close to how we made it. I wish I had written it down, But I couldn't find the house the pen and paper was in. I may have had a little too much marinade.
    INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup olive oil
    • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    • 1 lemon, juiced
    • 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
    • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
    • skewers
    DIRECTIONS

1. In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
    2. Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
    3. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.

P.S. we always had BBQ sauce with ours

Last edited: May 15, 2008

3. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

I've used Italian salad dressing, and it's pretty good. Also a store bought shrimp boil that I can't remember the name of right now.

4. +1 for Italian dressing. The shrimp boil you are thinking of is Old Bay in the big yellow can. Good stuff.

5. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

Old Bay, that's it! Thank you for jogging my brain. lol

6. If you don't what a funky flavor bast with butter. No longer than it will take to grill them the butter will help pick up more of the grill flavor.

Be very careful because the butter will catch fire when it drips on the coals.
    A.H

7. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Thanks for the ideas guys!

8. mosquitofish

mosquitofish Guest

:)garlic in clearified butter. salt & pepper to taste. if you wrap it in bacon you can die a happy man.