Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new Sig P226 recently and I love this gun! It's the new P226 Navy model manufactured to the same specs of the U.S. Navy SEAL pistol. The white anchor on the Left side designates this model.
In the hand, it feels great. It's the only pistol that I've ever handled that fit my hand perfectly. It shoots really good. I like the Tritium gas night sights. The only problem is that my thumb is not long enough to reach the mag release and de-cock lever easily. Other than that, I like this new pistol and I'm proud to own a U.S. Navy model. It is definitely a huge step up from the old, rattling 1911's that we had!

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I think Sig Sauer sells a thumb stretcher to help new Sig owners adapt to their new guns.
You may want to check their web site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Sig Sauer sells a thumb stretcher to help new Sig owners adapt to their new guns.
I'm not catching what you are saying. I did go to the website. I was amazed at how many models they have.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Welcome to the "Signess". You are now hooked and your new P226 Navy will only be your first of many. At last count, I'm up to 5 Sig Sauer pistols assorted in 9mm, 40 SW and .45 acp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the "Signess". You are now hooked and your new P226 Navy will only be your first of many. At last count, I'm up to 5 Sig Sauer pistols assorted in 9mm, 40 SW and .45 acp.
I could see that happening. It is a pleasure to shoot.

·
Super Moderator
16,752 Posts
I got a new Sig P226 recently and I love this gun! It's the new P226 Navy model manufactured to the same specs of the U.S. Navy SEAL pistol. The white anchor on the Left side designates this model.
In the hand, it feels great. It's the only pistol that I've ever handled that fit my hand perfectly. It shoots really good. I like the Tritium gas night sights. The only problem is that my thumb is not long enough to reach the mag release and de-cock lever easily. Other than that, I like this new pistol and I'm proud to own a U.S. Navy model. It is definitely a huge step up from the old, rattling 1911's that we had!
Congrats on the new Sig!

hmm never heard of that.

They do make a single action only Sig P226 (and other models as well) that have extended thumb safeties in place of the de-cocker. Maybe that's what you saw?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Try this handy thumb-stretching device to help reach the controls

1 - 12 of 12 Posts