Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Sigs and have a question. I've been seeing a few people talk about a website called Boogaloo Supply on a few forums and facebook and it seems they are some of the very few companies that still have Sig Slide still in stock. I'm new to the sig platform and mostly shoot my Springfeild XD9. I am interested in purchasing this slide with the Red dot installed ( im guessing its called RMR or is that the slide cut) is this still a good slide ? I would rather go factory instead of aftermarket/ third party parts. What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
New to Sigs and have a question. I've been seeing a few people talk about a website called Boogaloo Supply on a few forums and facebook and it seems they are some of the very few companies that still have Sig Slide still in stock. I'm new to the sig platform and mostly shoot my Springfeild XD9. I am interested in purchasing this slide with the Red dot installed ( im guessing its called RMR or is that the slide cut) is this still a good slide ? I would rather go factory instead of aftermarket/ third party parts. What do you all think?

View attachment 163921
There can always be problems with slide fit. I have bought several to build 1911s, none are ever perfect. Except on 1911s you can file them, squeeze them or spread them for the best fit. On something like a Sig I would not buy an after market slide. The optic never needs to be part of the package unless there is some discount.

Second thought, buy it from a gun store or gun shop in your area, so if there is a problem you can take it directly to them. If you buy on the net from another state, you really have no legal options other than go to their state and sue them, which nobody will ever do. Internet warranties from after market sellers do not mean much. My point being if Sig sells one get it from them, original equipment costs more but the will stand behind it. After market suppliers may not even be in business next year. So, buy local or at least where you can actually take it to a person if it does not work.

Lot of people selling slide adapters and optics. Not much to them actually and the difference between a cut slide and one of the adapters that fits the existing slide do not change the height of the sighting protocol to matter. And with handguns the recoil is so low they can even make them out of aluminum and there is no value to any additional cost for steel.
You are looking at a red dot, whether it is 1 inch or 3/4 above the bore does matter, the bullet goes where it is told.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There can always be problems with slide fit. I have bought several to build 1911s, none are ever perfect. Except on 1911s you can file them, squeeze them or spread them for the best fit. On something like a Sig I would not buy an after market slide. The optic never needs to be part of the package unless there is some discount.

Second thought, buy it from a gun store or gun shop in your area, so if there is a problem you can take it directly to them. If you buy on the net from another state, you really have no legal options other than go to their state and sue them, which nobody will ever do. Internet warranties from after market sellers do not mean much. My point being if Sig sells one get it from them, original equipment costs more but the will stand behind it. After market suppliers may not even be in business next year. So, buy local or at least where you can actually take it to a person if it does not work.

Lot of people selling slide adapters and optics. Not much to them actually and the difference between a cut slide and one of the adapters that fits the existing slide do not change the height of the sighting protocol to matter. And with handguns the recoil is so low they can even make them out of aluminum and there is no value to any additional cost for steel.
You are looking at a red dot, whether it is 1 inch or 3/4 above the bore does matter, the bullet goes where it is told.

My 2 cents.
I would buy from a local store but sadly most dont have anything in stock but i have a few other slides in mind that i noticed at my local ffl

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I am not understanding, are you just wanting to add an optic or is there something wrong with your existing slide. Most people that I know are just buying the adapter and bolting on the optic. Do you already have a 320? Your add is not clear. Not sure why you want a separate Sig slide. Maybe I am missing something,

SIG 320 M17 RMR MOUNT W/INTEGRATED REAR SIGHT-BSP-320-RMR (bobroengineering.com) $100
Evolution Gun Works Trijicon RMR Sight Mount | Up to 10% Off 4.2 Star Rating Free Shipping over $49! (opticsplanet.com)
Agency Arms Sig P320 AOS Trijicon RMR Plate | SIG-AOS-RMR (sigsauerparts.com) $65

There are people who think the site you posted is a scam. Is Boogaloosupply a Scam Website!? (scam-website.com)

You can do your own Google Earth of their address at
852 W Cowell St. A101Quartzsite AZ

Personally unless they are listed with a known business address I would never give them my credit card number and pass them buy. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: TXplt

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,916 Posts
If this is some sort of advertisement in disguise it needs to stop pronto. I've never heard of 'boogaloo' guns and have several sigs and Glocks and been shooting a LONG time.

If it's a legitimate question about mounting a RDS/RMR then there are 2 ways to do it. You can either use a dovetail mount (in which a plate is mounted in the dovetail to mount the sight on after the old sight is pushed out) or have the slide milled (or buy a milled slide/MOS type slide).

The dovetail mount looks like this (and these are available from several vendors or on Brownells, etc). Mine's a EGW mount which is very secure for a dovetail mount:

The MOS (which is a type of optics-ready slide) or slide milling approach looks like this:

There are many options for quality slide milling where they can cut the slide so that your particular optic can be mounted. Note that since it's a SLIDE, you don't have to ship through FFL and it's NOT a gun so long as you send in JUST the slide. I'd recommend researching some quality slide milling companies and I'm sure some members can give some advice as to whom they used. They all have specific shipping instructions and turnaround times. My Glock 20 had its slide cut and they did a great job (many also cerakote the slide with your choice of color).

In the SECOND picture (the G17), note that you can mount suppressor sights (taller sights). You'll need these because the regular sights won't be tall enough and having backup irons is HIGHLY desirable--especially since new users using red-dot sights (RMRs) on a handgun is NOT intuitive in nature and being able to use the backup sights in different light conditions and to get used to the RDS/RMR really helps. The milled slide/MOS is probably the better approach in that it's ALSO more secure although that dovetail mount by EGS is pretty strong and is in there REALLY tight (and locktited as well).

The Holosun 507C has an unusually large reticle (and they have an ACSS model which has a large circle as well as an option which helps you find the center chevron) and for someone proficient is enough to stand on its own. The reason the VP-40 has the setup it does (first picture) is that mounting the RMR limits the usable holster types and I REALLY wanted to use an existing holster on the VP-40 (and given the reticle am willing to accept that I have to train to the RMR and present the gun in a certain way; I would NOT want to use this setup with the smaller dot types but the holosun has a large segmented circle with center dot which makes it much more easy to acquire). As far as reliability, I can drop the gun and break the irons too (admittedly harder than busting an RMR), but so far the holosun has proved wayyyyy reliable.

But again, I'd recommend the second type of setup (RMR/RDS your choice) especially for a beginner new to the optic type.

·
Super Moderator
16,917 Posts
She posted a link to a sig factory slide.

Its fine. It works well. I have 2 extra OEM slides, one for a P320 X Full and the other for a Sig P365.

The P320 and P365 are all modular guns designed to have plug and play interchangeable parts.

Plenty of other companies also make aftermarket sig slides for the P320/P365 that all work fine such as ZEV.

The optic that comes on it is a Romeo 1 Pro. An RMR is a micro red dot made by Trijicon.

The Romeo 1 Pro is a nice optic. I have one. Its pretty durable and its one of the top 3 most commonly used issued police duty optics on red dot equipped handguns. The Delaware State Police and New Castle County Police all issue them.

The P320 is a great gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts