Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While in my quest to get my first firearm, I've decided on a Sig, and have already tried the 239, and liked how that felt and was wondering how a 229 compares to that. Also I found a certified pre-owned 229 for $567
and was wondering if that was a good price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had my 229 for a while and bought it new for a little over $800 so to me $567 seems really reasonable and would buy another if I could get a hold of one at that price. I love my Sig’s and would recommend the 229 to anyone. I shoot mine all the time and is my preferred ccw. The 239 has a smaller capacity mag and as such the grip will be smaller and fit some people’s hands better then the 229. In regards to quality it is a Sig and will be hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If you do get the P229 do yourself a huge favor and get some houge finger groove grips for it....The P229 with finger groove grips is the best feeling handgun I have ever handled. Every owner of a P229 that I know who has held another with the grips installed have ordered them! You will not go wrong with them I promise!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a 226 with the finger groove hogue grip and I think it makes it shoot a lot better.
Mike

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have found a used Sig 220 in "very good" condition for the amazing price of $350, and have been thinking about trading my Witness P Compact .45 in on it. I bought the Witness from the same shop that I found the Sig, and for almost the same price. I asked them how much they would allow as trade and was told $200 at most. The manager wasn't there and I was tolld this by the asst mgr. I plan to speak to the mgr Monday to see if I might get more. I don't think I want to take a $150 loss, especially since I like the Witness. But I do so want the Sig. How about some feedback, WWYD?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have found a used Sig 220 in "very good" condition for the amazing price of $350... I do so want the Sig. How about some feedback, WWYD?
A used Sig Sauer P220 in VG shape for $350? If you haven't shot a P220, you are in for a pleasant surprise! (I own a P220 Compact and love the way it shoots!) Does this shop have a range? Couldja fire it? I'd buy a used P220 in a heartbeat, but that's only one person's opinion. As for your other firearm, I only know of them through assorted forums. Someone must need the $$ to be parting with a P220 in VG shape. Any spare mags?

My 2 cents: It's Wheelin' & Dealin' time!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That seems like a very low price. If it is truely in good shape I say take the hit on the witness. Figure you loose $150 on the trade so it is like you will have $500 invested in the P220. It is worth that in my opinion. Now let me talk you out of trading a gun in on it. I say if you want the Sig go for it and keep the witness as well. I try to never sell a gun because I know I will regret it later in life.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Sig Sauer P229 ... if you have a chance to get one at a good price, which $567.00 is... I'd jump on it, if I were you.

I've owned and still own a Sig 229, now in the Equinox... and would never get rid of this pistol.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The 239 is my normal carry. But the 229 is awesome as well.
Different guns. You'd need to handle and shoot them both. I sold a LNIB
229 for $525 last summer. Wasn't a CPO. The guy definately got a great
deal. I'd say $567 OTD is a good price.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I love Sigs. I bought a used SigPro 2340 (Sig certified) for $399.00. I love my gun. Fits my hand perfectly and it's a .40 cal (.357 interchangable).

Great gun for the price.

·
Registered
987 Posts
:34:Bad news. I lost the 220. It goes to show you that it does not pay to procrastinate!:disappointed::aargh4:

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Ya snooze, ya lose!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts