·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the $ but I can't decide which caliber .40 S&W or .357 Sig :target:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the .40 because it's not likely I'll buy another barrel and ammo availability is a concern

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 9MM model 239 and ammo availability is not a problem. It's as accurate as any auto I've ever owned and very easy to carry. The "9" has a lot going for it and has been around a long time. Worth considering.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,086 Posts
I just got a SIG 239 DAK in 9mm. Really like it alot. Also have a 220 in .45 ACP.

Depends on what you want to do with it--if you want to shoot it alot and not spend alot of $$$, 9mm is probably the ticket (and it's a decent stopper with high performance ammo). If you're an LEO or anticipate becoming one and need .357 Magnum-like performance in an auto, I'd look at .357 Sig (which is like a modern day .38 Super) -- excellent stopping and penetration track record but pricey ammo. The .40 is a good general purpose defensive round, and in the hotter loads a good stopper as well. It's ammo is less pricey than the .357 Sig, but more than the 9mm. If you can't decide, I'd probably go with the .40.

OOPS -- noticed both threads from 5 years ago !!!!! LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts