Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... So we need to fill her back up again. Still trying to work a swap for a Hungarian M95 to keep my Austrian one company.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know, only Austria and Hungary.

·
Premium Member
23,984 Posts
... So we need to fill her back up again. Still trying to work a swap for a Hungarian M95 to keep my Austrian one company.

No gandog, they aren't gone. They are just mixed in with all the powder keg threads like swiss rifles, mauser, cz , and a multitude of others.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well. looks like the swap is going to be a done deal. Tried to talk him into a Finn capture 91/30 since I had two of them, but he fell in love with the picture of my refinished lammy stock M38.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
I still dislike my little M95. I just can't make my self like it...........

tom

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I still dislike my little M95. I just can't make my self like it...........

tom
I like mine, but I think that whoever decided to put a sling swivel in the middle of the wrist on the stock was drinking substandard vodka!
I also dislike the fact that I've been unable to gather all of the required equipment to reload for mine as I think it would make a heck of a hog rifle. I've got a few cases, dies, powder, primers, and a bunch of cast bullets. Unfortunately, I can't find any reloading data for the stuff that I have and I haven't been able to secure the funds for a Lee Lube\Sizer so I can use common hunting bullets as my play fund gets depleted before I get to this gun (it's a long, complicated mathematical equation involving lots of cussing and screaming by my wife.), but I still have high hopes.
FWIW, mine is very accurate with the small stash of 1938 Nazi ammo I was able to find awhile back, but it's almost gone.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
I like mine, but I think that whoever decided to put a sling swivel in the middle of the wrist on the stock was drinking substandard vodka!
I also dislike the fact that I've been unable to gather all of the required equipment to reload for mine as I think it would make a heck of a hog rifle. I've got a few cases, dies, powder, primers, and a bunch of cast bullets. Unfortunately, I can't find any reloading data for the stuff that I have and I haven't been able to secure the funds for a Lee Lube\Sizer so I can use common hunting bullets as my play fund gets depleted before I get to this gun (it's a long, complicated mathematical equation involving lots of cussing and screaming by my wife.), but I still have high hopes.
FWIW, mine is very accurate with the small stash of 1938 Nazi ammo I was able to find awhile back, but it's almost gone.
http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/powder-keg/77564-some-8x56r-load-info.html Hope this helps.
frenchy
http://members.nuvox.net/~on.melchar/8x56r/

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm too lazy to cast my own, but too cheap to buy storebought. So I'm using Graf And Sons brass, Privi Partizan 208 grain FMJBT's (Also to be had at Graf's) and 45 grains of H4895. I tired the 150 grain bullets that can be had at Buffalo Arms, but like the heavies a lot better.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a done deal. My new Hungarian is supposed to be here the 25th.

·
mil-surp collector
2,775 Posts
Boy can I relate to the wife side of things.She just doesn't understand that you just can't run down to your local Jiffy Mart and get what you need.
When the gun stuff that you've been searching for comes up,you have to get it when you can.

I too as well have some of the Nazi stuff in there original boxes with clips.
I can't bring myself to shoot them.
I did get 100 rounds of Hornady 205 grain soft point and some mil-surp FMJ from J&G when they started to sell it off after the guns were all gone.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I just bought a couple hundred rounds 1938 Austrian surplus 8x56r. My Budapest M95 is the best "hundred dollar rifle" I ever bought!

Ditto what toolman said about the sling mount. What a bad idea....although, I guess I'd feel differently if I was on the back of a horse most of the time!

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The one I do have has never had anything but my own reloads fed to it from the first time I shot it. As a matter of fact, I had all the stuff to reload it arrive before the gun arrived.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
PRVI and Hornady are both making commercial ammo for the 8X56R. Both for sale at Graff & Sons, they also have reloading components, or at least that's where I got mine.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Joker THAT'S the third name i always forget:
Budapest
Steyr
Hungarian
i hope to have all 3 someday
frenchy

But Frenchy, Budapest IS in Hungary.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
But Frenchy, Budapest IS in Hungary.
LOL yea i figured that was coming gandog and i should have done what first came to mind and that was ask Joker what his M95 had stamped on it.
Is their only 2 M95's?
Budapest
M95
Steyr
M95
Sharp of you to catch that buddy :biggthumpup:
frenchy

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sharp like a bowling ball