Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I got my k98 sight hood in the mail.
Now how do I get the silly thing on?
I tried some needle nose pliers by putting them inside of it and pulling them apart, but I didn't have enough leverage. And one time it flew off because of the angle of the pliers. haha.

What do I do???!!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I use an old snap ring set up that you screw to open/close the jaws, the jaws are parrallel. Needle nose will work but takes 3 hands.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sight hood

I have a small snap ring plier that can be reversed from spread to squeeze. They're from Sears and pretty inexpensive.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Snap ring pliers seems the obvious answer. lefty, what are parallel jaw pliers. Ive never heard of them?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds good... but, does anyone have a pic of some snap ring pliers? i am not even sure i would know what to be looking for. (sorry, that is one tool i dont know if dad ever had)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
umm parallel jaw pliers are used to pull hooks out of fish. We call them fishing pliers.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Snap ring pliers seems the obvious answer. lefty, what are parallel jaw pliers. Ive never heard of them?
They have jaws which remain parallel throughout their range of motion. I find them especialy handy when making pins from stock. You can grind and buff the ends of even the shortest pin without risking your knuckles.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts