Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little thing I have been working on (when I have power). It's a widget for my range box. I purchased a ten pack of cheap drip bottles off of E-Bay. I'm going to fill these with Ballistol and synthetic motor oil. These will hold enough to clean a couple of rifles and I can refill them from larger containers. The widget is a holder meant to keep them secure and safe. It's just a chunk of 2x4 drilled, sawed and sanded then stained with some truly ancient stain I had (the can was so grungy that I couldn't even tell what it was supposed to be but I think it was walnut). I top coated with an unopened bottle of shellac that I purchased a dozen years ago to refinish my M44 and never used. Shellac is not the best (thus why it was not used on the M44 after research) but I had it.

Food Tableware Kitchen appliance Automotive lighting Ingredient

It will stick on the velcro strip below. I didn't photograph it but the other half of the velcro is attached to the back of the widget. And yes, I did at least clean that area before sticking the strip on.

Gas Machine Ceiling Stairs Metal

It should be able to keep the bottles safe and secure in the rather disorganized mess that is my range box.

Box Gas Gadget Electronic device Technology

1 - 3 of 3 Posts