Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,508 Posts
Dillons are awesome machines.
i got 5 of them right now, i also have like 8 powder dumps set up behind 4 different 0-frame presses.
i have at least 2 of everything else.
2 wet tumblers, 3 dry tumblers,2 annealing machines,2 bench mounted priming tools,2 neck turning tools,3 different trimming machines,,, etc, etc.

jus sayin.
but,, even with all those Dillon's sitting there i still use all those other presses.
if i am going to load rifle ammo on one of the Dillon's, i use one of the single stage presses to do my prep work, and then simply run the cases through a Dillon to do the loading.

i will also use one of the 0-frames to do my initial case sizing, and then my patriot press to do all my seating.

or i will use my 18" wide small bench with the second oldest RCBS press, and powder dump, and scale all setup right there in it's own little stand alone world.

anyway a good 0-frame press never goes out of style [not gonna say they don't wear out, cause i got a couple with more wiggle/wobble in them than a bent bicycle wheel]

Reactions: Dutch

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I’d still buy the MEC brass press, personally, and piece the rest together. Or, and stay with me here, you can find old Lyman Spartan C presses for like $25. It will do everything you are looking for.

I may have a goofy looking, but functional, Lee brand powder scale you can have.

I’d, personally, buy a Lyman #55 powder drop. There are other options, but the 55 works great once you figure outhow to set it. Very consistent.

from there you need good loading book, a set of calipers, dies, powder, primers, and bullets. De-capping die, bullet puller, a loading tray, sizing lube, some sort of priming system (Lyman offers a swing arm that works with the Spartan), and something I’m sure I’ve forgotten. Maybe some way to clean brass otherthan your dishwasher.

anyway, good luck.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts