close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

single shot rifles

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 6string, Mar 16, 2002.

1. 6string

6string G&G Newbie

I'd like to see a forum about single shot rifles like NEF's. Are ther any NEF fans out ther?

2. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Another NEF Fan

I love these as a platform to build other rifles from check out the attached picture its a 45-70 built off a 12ga

3. 6string

6string G&G Newbie

What the?

How did you do that. It looks like you put a barrel inside the shotgun barrel. See we need a NEF catigory under Manufactors

4. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

actually the only original part of the barrel is the chamber which is bored out and a new barrel sweated in I do it all the time

5. Robert

Robert Member

Very nice. I still have my first 12 gauge. It isnt the handi rifle, but I was wondering if I could order a rifle barrel for it, say 22-250...know anything about that?

6. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Robert they will not barrel up a shotgun action for you but I friend of mine who did mine might be willing too I' would have to talk with him though as our biggest problem is with rimless cartridges and getting them to eject thats why we decided on a 307 versus the 308 on one project

7. 6string

6string G&G Newbie

Robert. I'v been told by several experts and NEF/H&R that the shotgun[SB1] reciver is not strong enough for rifle cal, barrels. If you have an SB2 Handy-Rifle reciver you can put anything on it but rimfire.

8. 6string

6string G&G Newbie

Ha guys. Thay just put an NEF forum on the list. Lets go there from now on. Thanks.

9. ReRide

ReRide G&G Newbie

nebr
    shaun neat conversion how would it work for a 218 bee ? or even some sort of .17 wildcat? with a small rim

10. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

basically the original extractor is used -- my buddy and I have not tried anything very small yet we have only done .307WCF, .32-40WCF,45-70,.357 Max,.33WCF. We are currently looking at some of the other large cals and we already have several varmint rounds already.

11. ReRide

ReRide G&G Newbie

nebr
    re-work single shot shotguns?

Which varmint calibers have you worked with or planning on?
    .22-30-30 6mm-30-30 25-35? might be interesting. What kind of chamber pressure range do you have to work with?

Once at a gun lshow some showed me a wildcat .22 formed from a .357 max case i thought he said he ran it thru a .222 die but on checking i though the bodly demesnions weren't right

12. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

we haven't discussed these yet as we are still working on a few other projects I am trying to find a $20 deal on a 12ga barrel that nobody wants because I am thinking about a 50-110 conversion but that will be after we get done with his 416 Rigby on the enfioeld and several others on the mauser actions. I will chat with him tonight about it though and see what he says

13. ReRide

ReRide G&G Newbie

nebr
    single shot conversions??????????

would a stevens single shkot shkot gun be stout enough to do a similar conversion on say to a .218 bee or a .219 zipper?????:confused:

14. 6string

6string G&G Newbie

Ha Jesse cant you move this NEF stuff to the NEF part of the forum? Thanks

Tim