close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sistema

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by trapfreek, Apr 9, 2002.

1. trapfreek

trapfreek G&G Newbie

I finally got my sistema today, It has only taken me about 3.5 months to recieve it. I ordered it in January, the dealer told me he had plenty, I waited and waited , finally cancelled the order in Febriuary after he told me he was waiting for a shipment, then the other day I saw a $311.00 charge to my credit card. I called my dealer. He said he has had the gun a couple of weeks but didnot call me because the supplier didnot send him his FFL . I called him back and he said that he didnot have to. The rest of this story you may have read in the gun room forum. To sum it up I had to get the BATF to tell my dealer the regs so he would release my gun. Beautiful gun Can't wait to try it out. Now I'm glad he didn't cancell the order.

2. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

TrapFreek,
    I think you will be VERY happy with the Sistema. They are (in my humble opinion) one of the best buys in 1911s on the market. Let us know how you like firing it. You might want to consider using "shock-buffs" on the recoil spring guide to keep some of the shock of battering from the frame, and make sure the recoil spring is a good weight/strength for the ammo you are using, as you don't know the condition of the recoil spring. These two "precautions" should cost well-under $10.00 total and will (again im MY humble opinion) serve to protect the frame from unnecessary battering.
    Good luck with your new piece, and let us know how you like it. Happy Trails and safe shootin'.
    Jeffro (Jeff) :nod: :nod: :nod:

3. trapfreek

trapfreek G&G Newbie

Thanks for the info Jeff.

4. -E-

-E- G&G Newbie

Where did you get your Sistema?
    I've been looking to buy one but cannot locate a dealer who has them. I tried JLD but they don't respond to my emails.

5. trapfreek

trapfreek G&G Newbie

I got mine from JDL I found a phone # somewhere on the web site, It may not be there now. They are difficult to contact

6. trapfreek

trapfreek G&G Newbie

I dont believe I would buy another gun from them , If they are so hard to contact to buy a gun just think how much trouble it would be to return one. I got lucky and got a really good one.

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

SOG has them again.

8. bigwheel

bigwheel G&G Newbie

Yes, SOG has them from time to time. But, act fast, not many come out at one time and the demand is high. SOG sells them C&R :) . I have seen complaints about SOG on this board, but have NEVER had a bad experience with them. I got mine from them and LOVE IT. Truly a wonderful piece. In addition to the fine advice above, I might suggest that you purchase a replacement barrel as soon as possible. Mine had matching serial numbers and was WELL worn like a sewer pipe. So , I got a little longer one from SARCOINC.com for cheap and am very happy with it. The new barrel protudes a little , but the accuracy enhancement is well worth the long snout look, in my humble opinion.

9. TheDeerHunter

TheDeerHunter G&G Newbie

Hello there!
    I have a guestion to ask anyone willing to listen. I bought a Colt Sistema a few months ago, and I paid way to much money. Anyway, I am currently installing better sights. The old sights were all dinged up and were such a bad sight picture. I got the back sight off ok, and the new one on, but the front sight, a little blade job, seems to be made right into the barrel. How in the heck to I drift this out of the slide? There isn't a hole on the underside in which to punch it out. I have thought about vise grips and tapping with a hammer to get it out, then I thought, maybe ask someone. I love the way the .45 Cal shoots. It came with custom grips and the barrell is FINE. Only other problem I have had with it was the tube on the side between the slide release and the thumb safety kept coming off. I orderd a tool to help with that problem from Midway. Any help or suggestion on removing the front sight without screwing it up for good would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007