Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, your __________ (fill in appropriately, probably not Demcratic Senator or Mother-in-law) has recently become an immensely important person. They need a bodyguard and YOU are the best they can do. (Let's say for fun,) Kriss has donated a number of Vector pistols with large cap mags for you to carry while guarding your VIP. When you are not working, you also get to keep this gun and take it home to protect your family, plink and hunt with as you see fit. Here lies the problem, there are some in 10mm and some in 45acp, both with unlimited ammo. Which do you choose, and why do you choose that one?

If you own one of these rifles, feel free to talk about it too!

·
Super Moderator
17,079 Posts
That is one ugly firearm. But if it chambered in the 10MM it will pass muster.:usa2:

It handles a lot batter with a VFG up front but you cant do that unless its in rifle configuration or you make it an AOW as a pistol.

Without a VFG as it was intended to have most people grip it back on the magwell which is also right where the magazine release is...

Stupid NFA...

It does shoot nice though. Very low recoil in the .45 ACP/ 10mm. (it was originally chambered in .45 then 9mm then 10mm). They make 30-33 round mags for all three calibers. U can use either glock mags or glock mags with the Kriss extensions.

It looks funny because it has a way different recoil system to minimize full auto recoil combined with a high rate of automatic fire.

A lot of the benefits of the system are sort of minimized though on the semi auto versions.

I have some experience with a suppressed .45 ACP version.

Reactions: animalspooker

·
Super Moderator
14,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking at pressures of the 45 vs. the 10. WOW! The pressures on the 10 are almost twice times that of the 45. 33k vs. 19k. Will this equate to a lot more recoil in the 10mm? My wife is really in love with this gun and it would be for her, but I'm concerned with the recoil. It would be in the rifle configuration.

This has the potential of NOT BUYING GIFTS for well over a year if this pans out!

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I doubt the recoil of a 10mm in a carbine would be a problem with anyone. even in a full sized pistol its no big deal.
Blaster it make me think that the FBI are a bunch of sissy cops. The S&W 1076 is a recoil absorbing handgun. But the Crime Fighters thought the recoil was too much? The Feds carried the S&W Mdl. 27-2 .357 for years. But their were real men in those days.:usa2:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
10 mm, but in a crowded area don't pull the trigger if you have good guys behind the bad guys. In less you do not care about collateral damage.
That could be an issue. Especially in a body guard situation, a . 45 hp would be safer, for by standers.
For hunting 10 mm hands down.
Hmmm.

·
Registered
43 Posts
10 mm, but in a crowded area don't pull the trigger if you have good guys behind the bad guys. In less you do not care about collateral damage.
That could be an issue. Especially in a body guard situation, a . 45 hp would be safer, for by standers.
For hunting 10 mm hands down.
Hmmm.
Just drop in the FBI "10mm light" loads. Problem solved.

·
Registered
I love any and all firearms, also love archery hunting.
350 Posts
I have both 10 mm and 45 acp handguns and I would choose 10 mm every time. With the right self defense ammo over penetration is not a problem, but at the same time, with Buffalo Bore 220 grain hardcast deep penetration is achieved through thick animal hide or skulls. The recoil on my 10 mm and 45s are about the same and nothing like my 44 magnums.

·
Registered
22,163 Posts
I've said it before, but the only reason I don't like the 10mm is that the selection of guns chambering it is so abysmal. Your choices are plastic striker-fires, expensive 1911s and revolvers, and even more expensive boutique guns. 45 ACP has a lot more guns to choose from.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts