SJWs and similar vermin want to replace the National Anthem

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    The rationale behind this proposal is that Francis Scott Key was a slaveholder, the Anthem is poorly written, and it is hard to sing. ("To Anacreon in Heaven" is a drinking song, and it's easier to hit the high notes when you are drunk -- or at least you don't notice the pain until later.) Of course, to the fuckwits what matters is not that Fort McHenry and the Star-Spangled Banner stood against a brutal British bombardment with Congreve rockets and heavy naval guns, but the fact Key was a slaveholder. Idiots.

You know what these cellar-dwelling, government teat-sucking douchebags want to replace it with? Not the loathesome Woody Guthrie "This Land Is My Land." Not the schmaltzy "God Bless America." Not "My Country 'Tis of Thee," which shares a melody with the national anthem of the kingdom we broke away from, all of which have seriously been proposed in the past to replace "The Star-Spangled Banner."

They want to replace it with a mediocre pop number, "Lean on Me," by Bill Withers. The fact Bill Withers was black and is therefore politically correct is of course beside the point here.

Enough is enough. These useless, worthless scumbags are attacking the very foundations of America. I think they have stepped across the "Go ahead. Make my day" line in a major way and need to cast out from all protection of law, to be dealt with as wolves are, to use the ancient legal declaration declaring people to be pirates. You recall how naval vessels who captured pirate ships dealt with them.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/07/now-wan...ng&utm_campaign=breaking&utm_content=breaking

2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I live close by on the water where the Buoy marker is in the Patapsco River. It marks the general area that Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. The Francis Scott Key Bridge is in background. Fort Armistead is on the right shore past bridge. Fort Carroll is on left and in the middle of river which you cant see in pic. I go out in my boat and fish the area alot. I always look at the buoy marker.

[​IMG]

Huey Rider, blaster, jwrauch and 3 others like this.

3. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Here is a pic of Fort Carroll. I have been in this Fort quite a bit. I fish around it alot and venture to go inside. Many Canons still inside and in the foundry molds. Has a lookout tower in very bad shape these days . Many fire places around perimeter and canon ports with steel doors. There are also two old steam tractors left there under the cement roof area.

[​IMG]

4. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Look, I am still pissed that one of our ex-governors decided "Stars Fell on Alabama" by Jimmy Buffet was to be our state song, when clearly "Sweet Home Alabama" was the correct choice.

I love Bill Withers, but that is not an anthem by any definition. Louis Armstrong's "What a wonderful world", or Ray Steven's "Everything is Beautiful" or "Neail Diamond's "Coming to America" are better choices than that, and even they aren't really anthems. The only reason I even bring them up is that at least they wouldn't sound weird being played by a brass band.

We have lots of other choices - IF A CHANGE NEEDED TO BE MADE - that are anthem-like.

How about "America the Beautiful"? Ray Charles loved performing that one.
    What about "My country! 'Tis of thee"? We sang that one every morning from kindergarten through third grade.
    How about "Battle Hymn of the Republic"? That one screams patriotism and "anthem."

What about "Yankee Doodle," or "Stars and Stripes forever," or "Proud to be an American" by Lee Greenwood?

I know:

Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
    Once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
    Never begins it, never, but once engaged
    Never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage
    I said don't tread on me
    So be it
    Threaten no more
    To secure peace is to prepare for war
    So be it
    Settle the score
    Touch me again for the words that you'll hear evermore
    Don't tread on me
    Love it or leave it, she with the deadly bite
    Quick is the blue tongue, forked as lighting strike
    Shining with brightness, always on surveillance
    The eyes, they never close, emblem of vigilance
    Oh no, no, no don't tread on me
    So be it
    Threaten no more
    So be it
    Settle the score
    Don't tread on me
    So be it
    Threaten no more
    Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
    Once you provoke her, rattling on her tail
    So be it
    Threaten no more
    So be it
    Settle the score
    Don't tread on me

Huey Rider, blaster and jwrauch like this.
  5. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

I was impressed with the Madison Rising rendition of our national anthem. For a modern rehash, it sounds good to me.

6. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I'm disappointed with all our mayors and governors,each one kicking the can down the road and waiting for some one else to take the first step,it's disgusting and pathetic,DANG!:mad:

blaster and jwrauch like this.
  7. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Here are the lyrics. It is the third stanza the BLM bums have a problem with.

Oh, say, can you see? By the dawn's early light
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming.
    And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air.
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:
    Oh, say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave?
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
    Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
    What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
    As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
    Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
    In fully glory reflected now shines in the stream:
    'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh, long may it wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
    That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
    A home and a country should leave us no more?
    Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution!
    No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave.

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh, thus be it ever, when free men shall stand
    Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
    Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

All the leftist scum have to do is see the lines I boldfaced and their ideological brainwashing kicks in, their ability to reason shuts down, and they start demanding change becuz they o-pressed an' discriminated 'gainst. Dat song disrespecks dem.

They apparently cannot, or more likely refuse to, read the stanza and see what Francis Scott Key was saying.

That verse asks: Where are the people who will stand, and have stood, to fight for our country and chase the oppressors out of it, never to return. It states that without them, the oppressed of the world, including indentured servants and slaves, would have no hope and nowhere to run to, where they can be free. The Colors fly proudly over a land where all this is true.

It is not mocking blacks. It is not insulting them. It never even refers to Africans or their descendents directly. At the time our National Anthem was written, there were thousands of slaves in the Muslim world, in Imperial Russia, in China; and indentured servitude existed in England, Ireland, and the Spanish colonies. There still are slaves in the Muslim world, and people who are for practical purposes indentured servants in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states from places like the Philippines and Indonesia. The third verse offers hope to these people, as it did to the ancestors of the Black Lies Matter scum.

The thing is, they are too bleeping ignorant and/or deliberately stupid to understand what Key was saying. They just want to attack something revered by all true Americans regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religious beliefs, regional pride, or political affiliation. And that is the sort of thing that will cause the true Americans to turn on them without mercy.

8. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Intelligence builds, stupidity destroys. If any of these protestors or belligerents were intelligent they would build a better world or offer positive solutions.

Cyrano, Huey Rider and blaster like this.