Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
That looks like the buffer-tech buffer. I swear by blackjack buffers myself, but Buffertech ones haven't done me wrong either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you got it!

That looks like the buffer-tech buffer. I swear by blackjack buffers myself, but Buffertech ones haven't done me wrong either.
Buffer Tech it is good call. Shooting range is too far away to go play; maybe this weekend. I will check into the Blackjack version.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
i have one of those for my "accurtized" sks and it really helps with the noise of the bolt banging against the reciver, and probally saves the metal too.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Keeping in mind I own a buffer company (yellow Jacket) and have spent a LOT of money doing scientific polyresin research. I only sell buffers for 10/22's .17m2's and the like, so I can't really be biased one way or another (I don't make SKS buffers).

From what I have tried myself, the absolute hands down best brand out there for the SKS is the BlackJack brand. A LOT more goes into a buffer than most folks think. If you don't use just the right poly formula, it will fail early, crack, shear, screw up your bolt timing, and other problems. BlackJacks formula is dead on for use in an SKS.
It is the only buffer of the 4 SKS & AK brands I have tried, that I myself continue to use in my sks's.
-Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Web address?

Keeping in mind I own a buffer company (yellow Jacket) and have spent a LOT of money doing scientific polyresin research. I only sell buffers for 10/22's .17m2's and the like, so I can't really be biased one way or another (I don't make SKS buffers).

From what I have tried myself, the absolute hands down best brand out there for the SKS is the BlackJack brand. A LOT more goes into a buffer than most folks think. If you don't use just the right poly formula, it will fail early, crack, shear, screw up your bolt timing, and other problems. BlackJacks formula is dead on for use in an SKS.
It is the only buffer of the 4 SKS & AK brands I have tried, that I myself continue to use in my sks's.
-Bob
Do you have a recomendation on where to buy a Blckjack buffer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts