close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SKS Bolt stuck in the forward possition

Discussion in 'SKS' started by santiagog24, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Fisch

Fisch G&G Regular

I don't have an AK, but do own a PSL and a Saiga 12 and an SKS. The SKS doesn't seem any more complex than its AK cousins.

2. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Evangelist

ok ok back to the OP's question, if it is getting stuck my first suggestion would be to clean the crap out of the weapon and if you say you have already good...do it again. If that doesnt work take the the trigger group out and try moving the bolt back and forth under spring pressure to see if it still sticks if it does then you know it isnt the hammer sticking and there is a problem in the bolt or the receiver. Let us know what happens and will go from there.

3. Da Mc

Da Mc G&G Newbie

My suggestion would be to get a can of Dye Chem (not sure of the spelling) and treat the area where the bolt seats after you slam it forward. After you pull the bolt back you should hopefully see the areas that are in contact and where it would be binding. If nothing there, then I would check the bottom of the bolt to see the contact point on the hammer. Good luck.

4. Marcus Watson

Marcus Watson G&G Newbie

So there are two 'Pins' within the bolt spring. One should fit inside the other. When the spring is compressed (the bolt is back) the pin assembly will be short. When the bolt is forward these two pins will be long. If there is gunk in the pin assembly then the pin wont be able to shorten and consequently the bolt wont go back. I suggest clean the pin assembly that is inside of the bolt spring. Goodluck!

Jaison likes this.
  5. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Ha ha, welcome to G&G, if you haven't done so yet stop by the introduction area and say hello to everyone here on the board.

BTW, This Thread is from 5 years ago :p