Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok checking prices on the net for a project I'm thinking about, anyway I found this SKS Bullpup Not that I want a bullpup, but it's something to think on.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
wow. That doesnt even look like an sks anymore. MY question would be "How well does it work?"

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I don't think that works very well...it puts your ear right near the bolt of the rifle...could be painful if not careful.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
My question is why would anyone want to pay that much for an SKS bullpup stock when they can get a complete Bushy for the same?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Cool.

but i'm not much of a bullpup fan as they are almost always anti left handed, and I don't like the idea of getting smacked with an bolt hande or casing every time I fire.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
No thanks.

I'll pass. Not a big fan of the bullpup, however I did want a Walther G22 but gave up because it is just like Zephri said. WAY too hard to find a lefty.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I don't mind the magazine behind the grip, and I do like putting a long barrel in a smaller package. But throwing most of the weight behind the grip and holding the butt with my left hand isn't what I'm going for.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Put a vertical grip underneath the barrel either with or without the bipod and it SHOULD be more feaseable. BUT I would have to really know my gunsmithing to even really thing of modding one like that.... or getting another sks just for moding like that. :196:

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
Y'all know I am a big bullpup fan, but this one is bad juju.

1) Way too expensive for just a stock and other assorted parts. $85 for a magazine? $125 for the gas tube/hand guard? No thanks.

2) Far too backend heavy, like most cobble up bullpups. A proper bullpup should handle like a large handgun.

3) No fore grip area - very clumsy to hold. This will adversely affect accuracy.

I'll give 'em points for actually getting one to market, but it needs lots more development work, and realistic pricing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm just glad I was not the only one that saw what was wrong with the stock. You guys said lot of what I was thinking when I first saw it. Gotta say they really like themselves. But it makes you think. Did anybody see the pic at the bottom with the guy live firing? Definitely need some fore grip. I'm pretty sure you could use the existing SKS 10 fixed mag, but forget about using stripper clips. The case deflector is fixed to the receiver cover. Maybe use a cheaper Tapco mag if that's what you wanted to do. I gotta give'em c+ for their effort, but still has some flaws and of course price.

So what do you think will happen first. Rifle tech stops making them due to lack of interest? Or another company gets in the game? They also market a stock like the Tapco T-6 stock. Again it too is pricey. But they do give you an option for more rail mounts. Which I could do myself for $10.00

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
Here's a website that has a good article on prior attempts to make an SKS Bullpup. Interesting ideas here . . .

WWW.SIMONOV.NET - BULLPUPS

·
Registered
10 Posts
SKS + Magazine = ?

isnt SKS + magazine of any kind = Bad
I've got myself some of those new Tapco 20 rounders (3). I go to the range every other week (at times, every week). The number of times I've had feeding issues is about zero. It's either that I'm very, very lucky, or Tapco hit the jackpot this time.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
isnt SKS + magazine of any kind = Bad
Not if it's the original 10 round fixed one. Without a magazine the Samozariadnia Karabina Simonova, literally translated "Semiautomatic Carbine by Simonov", would just be the "KS".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts