Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering to myself earlier today if there happened to be an SKS stock in bullpup style. So, I did a search, and lo and behold, someone makes one. Its too expensive for my tastes, but what do y'all think?

SKS Bullpup

·
Premium Member
30,695 Posts
it's not for me but im sure someone will buy it.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That company also sells some muzzle breaks and mags that they claim are better than anything else out there. I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has tried their stuff. I'm not about to pay as much as they charge for something that might not work.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I normally don't like bullpups, but that one has something about it that looks pretty decent. I wouldn't buy it over a Yugo SKS 59/66, but it's definitely a neat project.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Knowing how barrel-heavy my SKS is now, I can't imagine how awkward the balance would be with that stock on it...there's hardly anything behind the receiver!!! It has a unique look to it, but I would give it a D- for functionality. Just look how awkward this guy's stance/grip is!!!

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,511 Posts
Too clumsy, too expensive. No thanks. :)

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's exactly what I was thinking. Thought about it being barrel heavy, if you have a 60 rd mag like he does(they custom build them) the back would probably be heavier that the front. They do, however need a fore grip on it. It wouldn't be that difficult to put a strong steal rail under where his bipod is. If it had that, I would consider buying it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check This Out

Here is a pic of my Yugo bullpup. I clipped and crowned the barrel immediately behind the launcher, and there are no other mods to the rifle itself.

I have run about 50 rounds through it with no jams and no problems at all except one slam-fire, which I caused. Duh!

I was trying for the Tommy gun look with the stock. It is made of mahogany, and is still in the prototype stage, but it IS fully functional, and is just my size and feel. There is no balance problem at all, and aiming with the red dot or 4 power scope is really a breeze.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's pretty cool. If I had the time I'd like to do something like it. Not quite my style, but if it fits you, that's awesome. Now that other bullpup with the fore grip like yours would be ideal. I'd probably end up going with a homemade clamp on fore grip. I don't think it'd be too

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Here is a pic of my Yugo bullpup. I clipped and crowned the barrel immediately behind the launcher, and there are no other mods to the rifle itself.

I have run about 50 rounds through it with no jams and no problems at all except one slam-fire, which I caused. Duh!

I was trying for the Tommy gun look with the stock. It is made of mahogany, and is still in the prototype stage, but it IS fully functional, and is just my size and feel. There is no balance problem at all, and aiming with the red dot or 4 power scope is really a breeze.
How's that trigger? it looks like a nightmare.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually, the trigger works great! It is made of a strip of aluminum that runs from front to back, so there is no lag or excessive pull. I used only the stock spring on the original trigger group.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I like the wood one
a.) because it's sleeker and probably more comfortable
b.) because it's mahogany
c.) because someone made it for his own enjoyment and is sharing his knowledge here

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,511 Posts
Yep, if you google up 'SKS bullpup', you'll find examples of some that have been made or designed over the years. Some are quite interesting, some are hideous. One nearly became a production item, but the company didn't observe good marketing practices and failed.

I like that mahogany stock too! It's good to see someone actually doing, not just jawing! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts