Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Im a pretty casual shooter, I hunt deer and duck in season, have 3 firearms. Had all three pretty near my whole life, each one has a purpose. Ruger for pests, Enfield for deer and the Cooey for duck. Thing is, ive never really had a "fun gun". So the other day im lookin in the back of The Gun Runner and I see an add for a Yugoslavian SKS, never fired. Thing comes with 500 rnds. of some East Bloc ammo for $300 CDN. Thats about $240 yankee dollars. Good deal or what?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I think a company called Marstar imports Norinco SKSs for under $200 CDN. But I'm not an expert.

The Yugo SKS is a very nice rifle though. They can also be had at great prices.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Any SKS in decent cond. is prob. going to be suited for your purposes just fine. The price you stated is pretty high, though. Where are you located? Between all of us here @ G&G, we might be able to steer you towards a better deal. If you do find one cheaper, especially on a Yugo, be sure to look at the bore as they aren't chromed like the Norinco and a lot of Yugo ammo is corrosive. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Here's a question... Do you canadians have 7.62x39mm ammo as cheap as we do? And how much do you pay for 308? That M14 is a great rifle and that price makes me wanna cry. We pay upwards of $600 USD for one of those that came before being banned.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
7.62 is cheap as dirt, yes. That M14 surprised me too, but I couldn't bring myself to treat it the same way I will to an SKS. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
88 Posts
7.62 x 39mm is pretty cheap, yeah, but not the .308Win ... unless, BadKarma, have a better source than I. :)

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
brg3, this oughta answer your question. i dont know how the prices compare to what you can get. the links are there to bounce around the site if you want. that M14 does get a guy where he is sensitive doesn't it?

7.62x39mm Pricing

1 20 round cardboard box $4.95 per box
1 200 round lot (10 cardboard boxes) $44.95 10 boxes
1 500 round lot (25 cardboard boxes) $99.95 25 boxes
1 1,120 round crate (56 cardboard boxes) $189.95 1 crate
Cartridge Case: Lacquered Steel
Origin: Czechoslovakian State Arsenal
http://www.marstar.ca/ammo/762x39mm.htm

7.62x51mm (.308 Win.)
they had the 308 ammo in 540 and 1080 case lots but were sold out.
http://www.marstar.ca/ammo/762x51mm.htm

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Most in that price range are considered "shooter grade" meaning rougher cond. rather than the like new/excellent cond. guns still available.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,223 Posts
Anyone got an extra SKS size box? I wanna sell my YUGO but no box to ship it in.....

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I have a couple laying around but it'll be a few weeks till I'm home to pick it up. Why you selling, NRAJOE, and how much are you asking? Just a subject for discussion, not an ad invitation ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts