Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were talking at the range a few days ago about the 22mm grenades the 59/66 sks launches and how none of us there had ever seen a dummy grenade( or practice ) for these rifles. Is there a link someone may know of that offers dummy grenades for the yugo 59/66 sks? Or are we screwed blued and tattooed on this one.Gun shows so far have offered nothing in the way of practice grenades for these rifles, so thats out, but we still hope! Thanks for any help and/or links you may have.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
I've seen them offered at gunshows every so often. Sportsman's Guide occasionally has them. Look around the usual surplus vendors for "dummy grenades" or "practice grenades".

The real trick is finding the grenade-launching ammo that's needed to launch them! DO NOT use regular FMJ ammo!

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
There's one company that sells a golf ball grenade launcher for the SKS and a few other rifles. I think you just use the blank grenade firing rounds.

Look around on surplusrifle.com. That's where I found the link.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've seen them offered at gunshows every so often. Sportsman's Guide occasionally has them. Look around the usual surplus vendors for "dummy grenades" or "practice grenades".

The real trick is finding the grenade-launching ammo that's needed to launch them! DO NOT use regular FMJ ammo!
Hey everyone have you tried shotgun news, seems that I have read in there somewhere about dummy greanades but not about blank ammo to send them up and beyond, but lots of luck, and all of you have a great merry christmas and a fantastic new years:hitwithrock:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,786 Posts
Awhile back The Sportsman's Guide had some Israeli 22mm dummy grenades they claimed fit the Yugo 59/66 launcher, and the blank 7.62x39 Combloc ammo used to launch them. Just be sure to set your gas valve to single shot before you try and shoot one. That's why it's there.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Israeli Grenades do fit very well. wish i remembered where I got it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts