Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, I took my yugo to the range the other day and it would not eject the shell out more then 1/2 way. I had taken it out last fall and ran a few 100 rounds thru ir with no probs. I do thurally clean my guns after every use, so what could my problem be? I also have a chinese sks and took that down afterwards and all was well with it. I cleaned the gas tube area and all well. I did not have it in the blank /grenade position.thanks all Bob

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you pull the operating rod, the smaller pistion under your rear sites. Ive noticed that they tend to gum up sometimes, if you hav'nt pulled it watch out cuz it'll come flying out about 100mph. Hold a rag over it and point it tward a corner wall just in case.:34:

Hope that helps..

·
Registered
659 Posts
i had the same thing on mine switched ammo and its worked fine then tryed reloading same thing switched powder and it worked fine

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,953 Posts
A: Clean gas system and gas port into barrel VERY well.
B: Make sure recoil spring is correct - 'curly' end into bolt carrier forwards!
C: Determine if gas valve is leaking too much gas (it IS a Yugo afterall!)
. . . . the fix is easy if this is the problem.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try all the solutions and see what happens. Thanks for the info all.I got moved from 1st to 2nd shift for awhile, so I'll have time during the day. Will let ya know how it pans out. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem with Wolf Military Classic. After swithcing to regular Wolf, the rounds eject with no problems.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the box ,I believe its just regular wolf ammo. 122 GR. HP Steel case non-corrosive. no probs when using the chinese, just the yugo. I haven't made it to the range yet since I gave it a fresh cleaning. been raining here in maine to much. have a good day all, Bob

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey all, thanks for the info. I went to the range and had the same issues. so I stripped it down and finally figured out what 'rabidpitweasal' was telling me. Once I figured out how to get the rod&spring out cleaned it works awesome now. thanks again Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts