Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting an extended mag release almost since I got my SKS, but I hadn't been able to find one anywhere. Well, I ran across this one, and even though it would be really nice if it worked, I'm hesitant to buy it because its polymer. Has anyone else tried this or know of anyone who has?

TAPCO-World's finest shooting and military gear -

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I haven't tried one, but most of the polymer stuff nowadays is pretty durable. Tapco is a good company. I am assuming you have a semi-detachable after market mag. Otherwise, it would be totally useless with the factory mag. I personally don't think I would use it, but that is just me. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Tapco makes good stuff, I have one of their twenty round mags and it works flawlessly. Besides it's six bucks if it last for a year you got your moneys worth.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have their stock and two of their 20 rds mags and I love them all very much:) I'm just hesitant about that piece because its not very thick and there is a good deal of stress put on it when releasing a mag. I don't know. Maybe I'll make something instead...

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went ahead and extended the mag release myself. It looks sorta redneckish, but it works very well! I'll have to get a picture of it.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is a dead thread, but I finally got a pic up of my homemade extended mag release.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts